All living things...... new hermit crab products

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
kittyluvcrabby2113

All living things...... new hermit crab products

Post by kittyluvcrabby2113 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:21 am

When I went to my local petsmart and I seen a new brand of hermit crab supplies called "All Living Things". I wonder how good is there brand? I know the previous supplier was zoo med but I don't see none of there products anymore. They had a powder looking hermit crab salt instead of the more courser kind that zoo med usually have. and I haven't seen copper sulfate in there hermit crab food. And also they had water shrimp, and disinfect spray to clean there tank out and help eliminate waste.
Has anyone ever use there products?? :innocent:
Yours Truly Kitty / Mother of 2 Beautiful Girls & Crab Mommy To 10 PURPLE PINCHERS ******* Minnie & Mickey, Tiny tot, BIG Homie, Woody, Fresh, Pacc, Ray, Creeper, & Grip ****
RIP_ Handy & Star mommy will always miss you :(
********* Yaaay I just Got Engaged 07/25/2013

Rocky

Re: All living things...... new hermit crab products

Post by Rocky » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:40 am

Eh... honestly I don't think I've used a "hermit crab" product in years. Heck, most of the stuff in my tank isn't meant for animals in general.
I'm not really a fan of hermit crab products in general since so many of them target young kids. But there are some useful things out there to be found, just depends if you want to spend the extra money on them.
Is there an ingredient list on the salt? Chances are it's your run of the mill de-iodinized salt and maybe calcium added. Nowhere near the 70+ elements a marine salt replacer has to offer. Probably for cheaper too.
We're not asked to do great things, we're asked to do all things with great care.
Rocky's Reptile Rescue: https://www.facebook.com/RockysReptileRescue
Stop the demand. End the trade.

Tiamat

Post by Tiamat » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:30 am

I already put in my two cents in this thread: http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... 40&t=94558
Seems ALT is making it's mark everywhere, now, huh?

Is that local pet store a PetSmart, by any chance? Mine used to carry ZooMed and they recently switched to all-ALT only.

I haven't seen the powder one yet, but I used to use the liquid SW declor. There's nothing bad in it that I've noticed, but it won't do your crabs any good, either. Completely over-priced when you compare it to a box of Instant Ocean and so on.

The can of river shrimp they sell shouldn't be bad. The only thing I saw on the ingredient list (from what I remember) was "River shrimp, water". I do remember it being over-priced, though. Again.
Sheldon and Leonard - RIP 1/11/15
"TIA IS.... NEVER WRONG 60% OF THE TIME. The other 40% she is right." - Chelsea716
"Tia shall never be questioned tis she is the master of all answers." - Bean2011
"Yes Tia, everything you say inspires me" - zoey

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:31 am

Poo :( I really do like zoo med for their reptile products. They just fall short on the hermit crab stuff.
We're not asked to do great things, we're asked to do all things with great care.
Rocky's Reptile Rescue: https://www.facebook.com/RockysReptileRescue
Stop the demand. End the trade.

fraksocks

Post by fraksocks » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:59 pm

I saw these products too. The only one that I saw that looked like it had potential was a powdered hermit crab treat that had honey powder and a few other things like hibiscus powder if I'm remembering correctly. They also had catappa leaves but you can get better quality for cheaper on line so it's really not worth it to buy them from Petsmart.

elefants

Post by elefants » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:45 pm

alt dose all reptiles and birds (i think)....and i think their (toys at least) pretty good i like their toys and decor i got a coco hut 4 like $1.50........but the treats r alot of money but iv only bought toys and 1 water dish (and sponge)from them
( \_____/) fluffy and kiwi pps
( =* . *= ) 1dog 2gerbils 4bettas

bellasmommy

Post by bellasmommy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:55 pm

I tried the All Living Things Hermit Crab Heat Lamps from Petsmart and yuck they smelled like they were burning. I took them back.

Cecil716

Post by Cecil716 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Okay, the all living things UVB bulbs are fine for my "sun" area. I was told they were fine by a local reptike board. All Living things has OK reptile items for the most part. The hermit crab stuff is OK for the safe stuff. I bought a sheet moss and it has started growing!!
Current hermits: About 17 PPs and 3 straws (for now)
A 180-ish gallon tank with two 36 gallon extenstions!
What can I say? I love crabs!

Topic author
kittyluvcrabby2113

Post by kittyluvcrabby2113 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:17 pm

I tried out there hermit crab treats the other day and only one of my crabs really took a interest to them, I guess they don't really like it or there just use to eating regular food.
As for there river shrimp my hermies really do like them especially Big Homie he was at the food dish for like 20mins ... So I have mix reviews towards there food.
Yours Truly Kitty / Mother of 2 Beautiful Girls & Crab Mommy To 10 PURPLE PINCHERS ******* Minnie & Mickey, Tiny tot, BIG Homie, Woody, Fresh, Pacc, Ray, Creeper, & Grip ****
RIP_ Handy & Star mommy will always miss you :(
********* Yaaay I just Got Engaged 07/25/2013

wyldaeval

Post by wyldaeval » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:37 am

bellasmommy wrote:I tried the All Living Things Hermit Crab Heat Lamps from Petsmart and yuck they smelled like they were burning. I took them back.
Glad I saw this! I almost picked up one to try it out, but now that you've reviewed it I'll stick to my usual brand. Thanks! :)
Life is all about how you handle "plan B".
First introduced to hermit crabs while stationed on Guam back in the 70's.

Hermitguy92

Post by Hermitguy92 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Yes, I've actually purchased many things from their brand, including the water shrimp.
"You don't have to be a 'person of influence' to be influential. In fact, the most influential people in my life are probably not even aware of the things they've taught me."

bellasmommy

Post by bellasmommy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:41 pm

wyldaeval wrote: Glad I saw this! I almost picked up one to try it out, but now that you've reviewed it I'll stick to my usual brand. Thanks! :)
You're welcome. :) Plus the hood got really hot to the touch which kinda seemed like a fire hazard.

Tomiriccardo

Post by Tomiriccardo » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:05 pm

I actually found this because I was looking for a review of the river shrimp. I purchased it and as soon as I put it in the tank all of my crabs came out to eat it. They love it. I usually order their food from eBay - crabtreatmania. If you buy it, it says to refrigerate after opening. I also tried the probiotic spray for waste. I get gnats in their tank and thought it would help. I don't notice a difference. I got the soaking salts but haven't tried it yet. I usually use the drops.

TammaraBb13

Post by TammaraBb13 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:50 am

It's totally not a good idea to try the hermit crab stuff. I regret using this product at all.
Tammara
Dreams have many meanings, but this dream source really gives accurate dream meanings, visit that dream site to analyze your dreams and interpret your dreams easily.