Just bought 6 Es from live hermit crabs

Where you post anything related to hermit crabs that does not fit into the categories below.

Bybo

Post by Bybo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:56 am

I just bought some Es from live hermit crabs and the ISO tank is ready but I need a crash course in the care of Es!
I love my crabs!

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:35 pm

@Bybo, E's need temp and humidity range between seventy-five to eighty-five since they don't deal well with temps below seventy-five for very long at all.They tend to be weaker than PP's and so prefer lighter shells like the Japanese land snail shell and they have a shorter wider abdomen so shells with a D shaped opening are preferred.They tend to be active at all hours of day and night and so need lots of space to roam and lots of climbing decor.A shallow dish of marine grade salt water made from something like Instant Ocean is necessary at all times in the enclosure because E's don't posses the internal mechanism necessary to maintain an adequate salt level in the body.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Topic author
Chapskis1

Post by Chapskis1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:50 am

My understanding is that if you ordered from livehermitcrabs.com then you have more than enough time to get full educated on their care

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:25 am

@Bybo, I'm not sure I understand you, but with the shipping issues that Livehermitcrabs has had in the past you may not get the crabs any time soon as they tend to have shipping delays so the crabs never leave the facility on time and then arrive late.I do know that there have been a couple of our members who have ordered from this site and wound up getting mite infested crabs because the screening process that the company employs is not the best at times.Don't count on getting a quick response to any shipping emails you may send as they do not always reply as in the case of one of our members he sent in three or four emails requesting a shipping status update and didn't get one and then wound up with mite infested crabs about two weeks after they were supposed to have arrived.A bonus though sometimes depending on the species you may find an extra free crab in the shipping packs as a replacement for any crab that may arrive dead.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Bybo

Post by Bybo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:47 pm

Thanks for your help crabber85, I did see that the crabs took about 2 weeks to ship but I wanted to make sure that my tank was ready for the es. Thanks!
I love my crabs!

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:48 am

Your welcome.
#Autism Speaks.