Tank upgrade

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

EOD-Crab

Re: Tank upgrade

Post by EOD-Crab » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:24 pm

GotButterflies wrote:Nice!
Edit: I would probably make substrate deep since you don't have much of a footprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The sub is a little over 8" deep and the set up only has 3 crabs

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Tank upgrade

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Edit~ I'm assuming that's probably deeper than three times larger than your biggest crab. However, with footprint being smaller, you also minimize it by having your pools below substrate, but with three crabbbies you should be good! I really like your crabitat! Very nice!

Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

BettaCrew

Post by BettaCrew » Sat May 04, 2019 3:45 pm

That looks amazing with the vines! How did you do that? Any ideas on how to do that with my tank?

odelayheehoo

Post by odelayheehoo » Sat May 04, 2019 3:57 pm

BettaCrew wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:45 pm
That looks amazing with the vines! How did you do that? Any ideas on how to do that with my tank?

Your tank is beautiful, how far it's gotten! I suggest weaving plastic vines and decorations into the moss pit caddies, around and inside of branches, or anything that will give them something to climb onto. You can use the authentic fishing net for the back of the tank, as well as drape it around the tank for them to climb on, mine love netting!

I typically keep both of the pools on the same side of the tank, just because that's neater and so I don't have to go to one end of the tank to another when changing the water.

You do have a lot of room for other things, have you thought about getting some shower caddies or hanging a basket to act as a moss pit for them to access? You can put vines leading up to those as well and they will climb from the bottom to the top. I also like to put hamster wheels in my tank as well for them to walk on, they love to use those once they get the hang of it, and it's funny to watch them walk together.

I can't wait to see what you come up with! :)
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP