Shells from conchology.be?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
HomeInTheShell

Shells from conchology.be?

Post by HomeInTheShell » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:01 am

Hi,

I'm considering to buy/adopt my first hermit crabs next fall and doing some research now. Are shells from https://m.conchology.be safe to use or can they have traces of dangerous substances on them? Of course their shells would be a bit expensive if I only used them, but as a beginner I appreciate the identifications and variety of species :)

soilentgringa

Re: Shells from conchology.be?

Post by soilentgringa » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:20 am

The turbos are way overpriced IMO.

Where do you live? There are much better online retailers for shells and you can also find good choices in stores depending your location.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Topic author
HomeInTheShell

Post by HomeInTheShell » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:38 am

Thanks. I live in Finland. There isn't a lot of variety in shells in stores here and I don't know if shells for decorational and crafting purposes can be trusted. Some online stores for hermie owners I checked out had painted shells for sale, not going to support them.

The variety of one Swedish stockist is like this:
https://www.imazo.se/Servlet?page=6&parent=s5H
Is it enough?

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:59 am

I wonder if you could contact Richard's Shells (Deltona Sea Shells) - their shells are safe for hermit crabs - you just let them know that is what you are using them for. I'm sure if you paid for the shipping they would do international shipping...worth asking anyway. You can find them on the shopping resources link. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
HomeInTheShell

Post by HomeInTheShell » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:13 pm

Thanks, as I have the NMS (new member syndrome) I didn't notice the link section. Found some potential stores there :)