Florida Shells and Gifts

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
BlookittiePC

Florida Shells and Gifts

Post by BlookittiePC » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:28 pm

I looked around the review section a few times and realized that nobody reviewed Florida Shells and Gifts (And if they did, I missed it). I got a pack of thirty shells off of Amazon from them and they came quickly and unbroken. They even sent me an extra shell! Sadly, most of them turned out to be WAY to tiny for my crabbies, but they love the ones that fit them. Jarvis changed into one the first night I put them in and Friday finally changed into one after a little while. Friday had a week or so when she would constantly change shells (like, a new one or two every night!) but finally decided on one she liked. I really liked the diversity of the shells received, both in color and size. They did send me one tan and ridged shell that I found my two in a tussle over one night. (Nothing to worry about though, just that they both had their legs on it and when I walked over to the tank Friday backed up. Next morning Jarvis was wearing it!) The price was reasonable (I don't quite remember it!) and the crabs are still in shells from that order. :)
Two amazing PPs: Jarvis, who has been with me since 7/14/18, and NewCrab (still unnamed) since 1/11/21!
And a tortoiseshell kitty: Delia

I'm still pretty new to this and I'm trying to learn all I can!

ciaraalston

Re: Florida Shells and Gifts

Post by ciaraalston » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:02 am

Wow! I'll check them out tonight! Thanks for the review

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

Topic author
BlookittiePC

Post by BlookittiePC » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:53 pm

No problem! All the shells were round mouth turbos (so if you have Es or other species you'd need other shapes, I think they may make other bundles, but I haven't looked)
Two amazing PPs: Jarvis, who has been with me since 7/14/18, and NewCrab (still unnamed) since 1/11/21!
And a tortoiseshell kitty: Delia

I'm still pretty new to this and I'm trying to learn all I can!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:21 pm

I recommend researching the HCA shell guide BEFORE buying/adding to your cart. They have a lot of shells marked for hermit crabs that are actually not preferred by hermit crabs. That could lead to you wasting your money.
Shell guide: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=92552
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com