Honey

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
crabby33

Honey

Post by crabby33 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:13 pm

Is it recommended to offer honey to pre-molt crabs? Buckbeak is in pre molt right now and I’m trying to figure out if honey should be offered along side olive oil.

Hermiesguardian

Re: Honey

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:30 pm

crabby33 wrote:Is it recommended to offer honey to pre-molt crabs? Buckbeak is in pre molt right now and I’m trying to figure out if honey should be offered along side olive oil.
I would think honey can be given any time. And it's energy food. Also if the crab doesn't eat it, he doesn't need it. I would serve it.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
crabby33

Post by crabby33 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:32 pm

I did serve him honey tonight along with dried crickets, mealworms, a calcium pit, and olive oil. Okay, he didn’t want the honey. So he doesn’t need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:46 pm

crabby33 wrote:I did serve him honey tonight along with dried crickets, mealworms, a calcium pit, and olive oil. Okay, he didn’t want the honey. So he doesn’t need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He may want it tomorrow. Because, y'know...he's a crab. Lol.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

BlookittiePC

Post by BlookittiePC » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:25 pm

I give my crabs honey every day. Sometimes they eat it all and sometimes it remains untouched. I don't think there would be any harm in just giving it to them all the time (please tell me if there is!) Other than that sometimes organic honey is expensive.
Two amazing PPs: Jarvis, who has been with me since 7/14/18, and NewCrab (still unnamed) since 1/11/21!
And a tortoiseshell kitty: Delia

I'm still pretty new to this and I'm trying to learn all I can!