Store Review- ChollaQueen (Etsy)

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Motörcrab

Store Review- ChollaQueen (Etsy)

Post by Motörcrab » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:53 am

I stumbled across ChollaQueen on Etsy. They have a huge selection of various lengths 1" and up to custom sizes of natural Cholla harvested around Nevada. I like the look of the natural cholla compared to the store bought because there are wider variances and size differences. I just think it gives a more natural appearance inside the crabitat that way.

They also have a wide variety of foods, some of which I have never seen offered before. I picked up a large color enhancing pack with 25 different types of powder in small plastic containers.

I also picked up a protein pack of 9 foods. A fish bone calcium pack, and azomite. You can pick different sizes and they all come in plastic containers. They also go into detail on what part of a diet a particular food.

I had several questions before I placed my order and they thoroughly answered them quickly.

My order also arrived in less than a week well packaged.

So far I have had this stuff for about two weeks and the crabs and to an extent the Isopods have been eating it up.

Here's a link to their Etsy page.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChollaQueen?r ... eader-name

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

ha_haley

Re: Store Review- ChollaQueen (Etsy)

Post by ha_haley » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:21 pm

I ordered a few items from her based off this review and they just came in today!

I ordered an 18” piece of cholla wood. I love it, but it was kind of pricey. I really need like 4 more pieces for what I’m wanting to do.

I also ordered a color boosting tropical flavor pack, purple sweet potato powder, carrot juice powder, beet root powder and black goji powder. I can’t wait to see what what the crabs like!

My only issue is the lids on the jars were screwed on so tight I had to use two pair of pliers to get them open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Motörcrab

Re: Store Review- ChollaQueen (Etsy)

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:42 pm

My wife had the same problem with the lids. I guess it's better than getting a powder bomb in the mail! when I have been giving my guys the powders I have been using the handle part of mini spoons to put it in their dish. I also noticed that some of them turn to a liquid in the humidity. I'm assuming they crabs will drink it like a fruit drink!

When I ordered my cholla wood I opted for an assortment pack. It was 8 pieces ranging from 9-14 inches.I wasn't looking for any particular sizes so I thought that was a better deal. Some of the pieces were not completely round. More of a "C" shape but they look good when you lay moss inside. I think they probably sell better quality cholla by the piece and sell their bits and pieces in bundles.

I'm glad my review helped!
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities