Can moss outgrow pesticides?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
odelayheehoo

Can moss outgrow pesticides?

Post by odelayheehoo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:06 pm

I have some moss, and it is currently not inside my crab tank, but I was wondering if it was possibly exposed to a branch that had pesticides on it, that I could just wait out enough time to let the pesticides convert to organic? I believe this applies for live plants as well, as a means to let it grow out in natural organic soil so that it is guaranteed to be safe for the crabbies.

Anyways, would my moss be usable, or should I just buy new moss?
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP

Xenocrab

Re: Can moss outgrow pesticides?

Post by Xenocrab » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:12 pm

Personally, with how the Earth is polluted, I'd buy new. I don't trust "nature". They way they spray in my area, even in state forests, I don't take any chances. Our water is so polluted, I don't trust it. I buy moss and use dechlorinated water on it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

Topic author
odelayheehoo

Re: Can moss outgrow pesticides?

Post by odelayheehoo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:15 pm

Xenocrab wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:12 pm
Personally, with how the Earth is polluted, I'd buy new. I don't trust "nature". They way they spray in my area, even in state forests, I don't take any chances. Our water is so polluted, I don't trust it. I buy moss and use dechlorinated water on it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Alright, thank you for your answer. I buy moss from Home Depot, the organic sphagnum, I personally dislike the pet store brand moss.
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP