Livehermitcrab.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
MajorMike

Livehermitcrab.com

Post by MajorMike » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:57 pm

I ordered 3 hermit crabs from Livehermitcrabs.com weeks ago. After I paid for the 3 hermit crabs I would check on the site from time to time for the shipping progress, but then all of a sudden I found that I could no longer get on the site. All I get is a message saying "We're having trouble finding that site." I called PayPal to place a clam and they couldn't find the site either. It is like they closed their site down without returning peoples money. What I want to know is if this has happened to anyone else. If they ever got the hermit crabs they ordered and how long it took to get them from this company. And if the site looks closed to anyone else.

Motörcrab

Re: Livehermitcrab.com

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:36 pm

They have been doing this to people for years! Below is a link to one of the longest topics on here about this particular site. Perhaps reading through that thread you may be able to find the best approach to get a refund. Good luck.

http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... 22&t=87470

The HCA also recommends only shipping hermit crabs as a last resort, it is also too cold in a majority of the US now to ship. You can usually find people trying to get rid of their unwanted crabs. We personally have had much better luck with rescues and adoptions compared to store bought crabs.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:50 pm

Hey! The site is finally down after years of no responses. Now maybe no one else will be scammed.

I'm so sorry you got taken. Paypal should be willing to sort it out for you. They have dozens if not hundreds of refunds on file for this place stretching back years.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

mortemarts

Post by mortemarts » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:03 am

Yea dispute with PayPal, if you can’t contact the seller even through a provided email or site, paypal will give you a full refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk