Moving and have new crabitat

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
KimzKrabs

Moving and have new crabitat

Post by KimzKrabs » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Hi this is KimzKrabs again I’ve had my crabbies abt a couple weeks now and they seem to be doing ok thanks to all of you who gave me some great advice. This weekend I’m moving into a new apt and I’ve bought a new terrarium to make a better and bigger crabitat for my crabbies, however I’m waiting to set it up til I’m done moving. My question is I’ve got a couple , one for sure that has buried himself in the substrate and doesn’t to my knowledge come up , do I transfer the crabs that are active into the new crabitat and continue keeping up the old one and when I see the other crab(s) come up then transfer them? Or wait til all ready at once because I know I’m not supposed to dig them up? Thank you in advance for any advice I can get. Kimberly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Links

Re: Moving and have new crabitat

Post by Links » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:57 pm

I’m extremely far from being any kind of expert but if it were me I’d transfer all the ones that are up because if you wait then one of those might go under. And if you can wait on the one to emerge on his/her own that be best. I cannot help if you have to dig it up.

Topic author
KimzKrabs

Post by KimzKrabs » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:58 pm

Thank you!! That’s what I was thinking would be best too. I appreciate your reply. Kg

Topic author
KimzKrabs

Post by KimzKrabs » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Thank you!! That’s what I was thinking would be best too. I appreciate your reply. Kimberly

Links

Post by Links » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:52 pm

It’s nice if you can do it best case like that. I’m assuming your new one will be complete before you add crabs? Temp and humidity etc...?

Topic author
KimzKrabs

Post by KimzKrabs » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:25 am

Sorry for late reply. Yes I’m gonna get it set up completely then add the crabs. Right now only 1 out of 4 I can find so I’m thinking of buying another crab and adding those 2 then when I see the other ones add them. I changed out my temp/humidity gauge yesterday and realized that the other one had stopped working so I’m concerned the levels had become too low and my crabs that are hidden might be dying