Lid for a 40B

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
tarheelbs

Lid for a 40B

Post by tarheelbs » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:01 am

Hey Everyone,

I have a 20L tank right now. I will be looking to upgrade some time this year to a 40B tank. I have been researching and having a hard time finding a good lid for it. I have an aquarium hood for my 20L right now. My question is for the people that have a 40B tank. What lid do you have?

CrabbyLover77

Re: Lid for a 40B

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:12 am

tarheelbs wrote:Hey Everyone,

I have a 20L tank right now. I will be looking to upgrade some time this year to a 40B tank. I have been researching and having a hard time finding a good lid for it. I have an aquarium hood for my 20L right now. My question is for the people that have a 40B tank. What lid do you have?
I have a 40 gal breeder as well, but for my fish. I also had a heck of a time finding a lid a few years back. My tank does not have the center brace. I originally ordered a glass top online from That Pet Place/That Fish Place (They're located in PA). It would have been great, except Fed Ex broke it the first time. So the store sent me a replacement. Fed Ex broke it again. Image I took what was left of it, and it's measurements, to my local glass shop. They were able to replicate it perfectly. Just a couple of weeks ago I ordered a glass top for my 55 gal hermit tank from That Pet Place. It came in 2 separate tops because there is a center brace in this tank. Thankfully, nothing was broken this time, and it was packed much more securely. So it may be worth the chance of ordering from them if you can't find a lid anywhere else. Some people on here use sheets of plexiglass cut to size instead, but I've never tried that yet. Good luck! Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav