what do i need

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Moorespride

what do i need

Post by Moorespride » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:00 pm

I am looking for a book for information for me and my 5 year old to go thru. I will be getting her a crab or two for Christmas. I have a tank and am starting to get some supplies. Can you give me good book reference regarding care and maybe some good ones for bed time as well as a list of things to have for their habitat and such. I plan on feeding them all natural as well.

Thank you .

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: what do i need

Post by aussieJJDude » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:56 am

Pretty much all books are garbage... Some are ok, but even then... they are outdated. The best one I have come across is Hermit crabs: for dummies. Most of the info is pretty much solid from what I can remember. (Haven't read it in a while)

A good bedtime would be: A House for Hermit Crab by Eric Carle... A firm favourite. ;)

As for the list: http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... 51&t=92457 <<< this may help. (scroll down a little.) And likewise, most of the care guide forum make a good "adult reading" regarding care. Print out the pages, and you can read them any time. :)
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Visual

Re: what do i need

Post by Visual » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:37 pm

My daughters and I have checked a few out from the library and we both really enjoyed this one https://www.google.com/search?q=hermit+ ... PBCBNgiQBQ

She loved seeing the excellent pictures of the hermit crabs up close. We also like "Help! So I have a hermit crab" from the Let's Talk About Pets series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sometimes there's fire, sometimes there's rain
www.loverochambeau.com