Anyone ordering LHC crabs for 12/14/11?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Re: Anyone ordering LHC crabs for 12/14/11?

Post by Zoeythelost » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:58 am

finally updated my tracking, they arrived less than hour ago at my post office. funny part is they arrived in new orleans at 1am. so it took them 9 hours to travel what normally takes 15 mins? not a good sign.
4 PPs: Hermie, Struder 2 Es: Ebert, E-wee, Edee, Ego
3 Violas: Monster, Charcoal, Devil. 2 Blueberries: Purples, Blues
5 Ruggies: Bug, Tug, Lug, Mud, Kirby. 1 Indo: Solo
4 Fish, 2 dogs, Woodlice, and 1 human child.

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:11 pm

My tracking said the same zoey. My arrived in Philly late last night and didn't get to Ridley park until 8am! Go figure! I wonder if everyones crabs are this small!! Lol mine are dots. The pic I showed is of my biggest!
Proud Mama to: 1 Human Son- Nevan
Furkids: 2 dogs- Arden, & Ella
Shell babies: 16 PPs, 5 Es, 2 Violas, 2 Indos, 3 Straws & 2 Blues

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:10 pm

out for deliveryat 11:11. an hour ago. if they don't arrive soon i'm not going to be able to get them until after 2 =(

CrabAddict99

Post by CrabAddict99 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Nevi, they look so cute!
Zoey, did you get them?
'Hermit crabs are like potato chips, you can't have just one'
brevimanus•clypeatus•compressus•perlatus•purpureus•violascens
microfauna (Porcellio scaber,Oniscus asellus, Porcellio "dalmatians")
~ crabby since October 1999
I <3 my @:<

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Not yet and about to go to an interview until 2:30. Dad is home to get them but not taking them out of the box. I'm very very worried at this point.

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:37 pm

Awww I hope everything works out. Btw don't bathe them. My one blue went naked he's back in his shell now but I didnt see mites in the water when I gave them a quick rinse so I would be worried about that just the stress of taking so long.

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:54 pm

too late I bathed them. omg!!! i need more turbos ASAP. so I ordered 5 crabs and i got EIGHT!!!!! One was the extra blue I asked for and the 2 other ruggies. I had told her about my other ruggie dying so she wrote extra ruggies for your lost. they are all alive, some more than others. I think its an indo is in literally a half of a shell and really does not look like hes doing good. he was holding onto the bag and i had to cut him out, he was still holding onto that piece of bag when i left. I'm not sure what i'm going to do with all of this crabs! will post more later, btw no mites

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Yay!!! Wow you lucky lady!! Tons of extras!!! Now you def need a 75!!!!! Your guys had a really long trip!!! Keep us updated!!!!
When do you want to order again??? Lol :0X

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:15 pm

I'm going to let them destress of course but if no mites i'll be moving 2 at least into my 20gal. the viola and a ruggie probably. so many purple and gray crabs i cant tell who is who and what is what. the most adorable little red ruggie that kinda looked like astrawberry at first. i took some horrible pictures will post later

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Glad to see the wait paid off!!! Can't wait to see pics!!! I just posted some!! Are yours as tiny as mine?

Striker0086

Post by Striker0086 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:10 pm

I was going to add that "I" would have taken some sub from the main tank and added new to replace it and put the sub from the main into the iso. Not much, just a inch deep or so. And then add a strengthened salt water dish that they could bathe in so you don't stress them out more and they could bathe if they felt it was needed and then at the end of the week you could bathe them. Then all they would have to do is balance out their shell water with the fresh. I'm glad to hear that your crabs came in safe and sound. This makes me want to order a few blues and another straw so I can have three straws so everybody has a buddy when one goes down...hopefully. Of course I would have to get a bigger tank before this happens. :wink:

fate4003

Post by fate4003 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:12 am

Zoeythelost wrote:too late I bathed them. omg!!! i need more turbos ASAP. so I ordered 5 crabs and i got EIGHT!!!!! One was the extra blue I asked for and the 2 other ruggies. I had told her about my other ruggie dying so she wrote extra ruggies for your lost. they are all alive, some more than others. I think its an indo is in literally a half of a shell and really does not look like hes doing good. he was holding onto the bag and i had to cut him out, he was still holding onto that piece of bag when i left. I'm not sure what i'm going to do with all of this crabs! will post more later, btw no mites
I'm super happy for you. But this makes me very upset. I can't even get her to replace my ruggie after 5 emails asking to buy one. I can't believe that.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk
18 crabs! PP'S (sammy, ignats, puffeley, doofenshmirtz, phineas, ferb, perry and squirmy) E'S (herman, lady bug, zo) RUGGIES (meep, major monogram and carl) BLUES (beauford and baljeet) INDOS (candace and isabella)
5 fish, 3 cats and a human kid.

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:35 am

I really think if u just bought from her again everything would be fine. We all mentioned something about purchasing extra crabs which is why I think she sent extras that plus they were so stressed she was not 100% sure they would make it.

hashiriya

Post by hashiriya » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:08 am

well, fate4003, i didn't get any extras either, and i ordered a total of 6 this go around (2 blues, 2 straws, 2 indos), so don't feel badly. this was my second order (6 e's first time) and i didn't get anything free then, either. i didn't "ask" for extras either time. i can understand why you feel that way though.
my latest order, they all seem to be fine - there was a shell changing party (5/6 are in new shells) and they're eating and swimming with no mites that were visible, so mine seem to be making the adjustment really well. *knock on wood*
2 PP's ranging in size from large to teeny (two adoptees) (Bomi, Squeegee)
5 E's, 2 Indo's, 2 Straw's, 2 Blue's
12 tropical fish
1 wife, and 2 offspring of the human variety :)

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:17 am

I'm glad your guys are doing well. I didn't get an extra last time but this time I did and I really think it's because I opened my mouth and said since they are so stressed I want to ads an extra one on to compensate for a possible loss. I think it also depends on how far away you live. I also wrote her some fabulous reviews for yahoo and some shopping site.
I feel for you fate. I would be upset too. I think she gets so caught up with orders that she doesn't pay attention to anyone who hasn't ordered from her and if you did get a replacement you would have to pay for shipping any way. So it would probably be a better bet if ever decided to make another order to add a note with it saying you had lost your ruggie.