Cholla Wood

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Brock

Cholla Wood

Post by Brock » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:56 am

Hi. I have a lot of cholla wood on my property in NM. I can supply sanded cut or uncut pieces cheaper than the big stores I see online. I recently left active duty after 11 years and am trying to supplement my income. If anyone is interested I am sure we can work something out.

You can contact me at bri.rock2@gmail.com...thanks.

boxcat

Re: Cholla Wood

Post by boxcat » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:18 pm

I would like to promote Brock as a cholla wood seller! If you want long, large pieces of cholla wood (even branched, which is SO hard to find!), he should be your first resource! I requested two large pieces (18-24"), preferably branched. Brock responded to my emails promptly and was very friendly to work with.

He prepared and sent my order very quickly (three days between my paying and the package being sent). The USPS had a long delay from the winter storm. It was out of Brock's hands at that point but we kept in touch via email, and again he was helpful and courteous, and seemed genuinely concerned with me receiving my package.

The cholla wood was packed in a recycled box. The wood was well protected with bubble wrap, empty paper towel rolls, newspaper, and styrofoam. There was no damage to the wood.

The pieces were even better than I was expecting!! :D I took some pictures... the first two are the branched pieces I requested. The last one is an extra piece he threw in (not sure if it's standard per order, but his customer service alone makes it worth ordering from him!)

The cholla wood is of very high quality. I specifically requested thinner pieces but from what I understand he can find pretty much anything. The wood has been sanded very smooth while still maintaining the branches' structural integrity.

10/10 will buy from again! :clap:
YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR

kuza

Post by kuza » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:35 pm

awesome cholla there!

Theodora

Post by Theodora » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Cool! I wonder were he ships. Can he get cholla wood shipped to Canada? How much? lol I am asking to many questions right? :D

Bridgitmac80

Post by Bridgitmac80 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:27 pm

Would for sure love to know his prices!!! Do we pay via pay pal or send a check/money order in the mail?
PP's-George Strait, Sebastian, & Clyde
E's-Toby Keith, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton

http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/t50 ... itmac7980/

boxcat

Post by boxcat » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:34 pm

I paid via PayPal. I'm not sure about his prices per piece/inch/etc but the above pieces plus shipping was about $45. Considering I've paid about $30 for an okay 18" piece (also online, price included shipping), I'd say this is a killer deal. :)
YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR

Eugooglizer

Post by Eugooglizer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:16 pm

mustard wrote:I paid via PayPal. I'm not sure about his prices per piece/inch/etc but the above pieces plus shipping was about $45. Considering I've paid about $30 for an okay 18" piece (also online, price included shipping), I'd say this is a killer deal. :)
Wow, that IS an awesome price for the awesome pieces you recieved plus shipping! Ok, really tempted now....lol.
How's this for muchness?

PPs, Es, Indos, Straws in a 220g habitat

Topic author
Brock

Post by Brock » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 am

Theodora wrote:Cool! I wonder were he ships. Can he get cholla wood shipped to Canada? How much? lol I am asking to many questions right? :D
Hi Theodora.I can certainly ship to Canada....would love to in fact! If you would like a quote, my email is bri.rock2@gmail.com. This is a great time for picking the wood right now. Hope we can do some business!

Topic author
Brock

Post by Brock » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:39 am

Bridgitmac80 wrote:Would for sure love to know his prices!!! Do we pay via pay pal or send a check/money order in the mail?

Hi Bridgit...would you still like some pieces?

kuza

Post by kuza » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:49 am

If you find out how much it costs to ship to canada I would love to order some as well. My mind is already trying to build new stuff for my tank!!

Topic author
Brock

Post by Brock » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi Kuza

Send me an email with just what you are looking for and I can calculate shipping. Ido all orders individually depending on what you need! Bri.rock2@ gmail.com

Cecil716

Post by Cecil716 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:33 am

If you have some small pieces, I would love some. I would like some 6 inches or a nice 12 inch branch piece. Only if shipping to canada is not too much.
Current hermits: About 17 PPs and 3 straws (for now)
A 180-ish gallon tank with two 36 gallon extenstions!
What can I say? I love crabs!

Topic author
Brock

Post by Brock » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Chelsea716 wrote:If you have some small pieces, I would love some. I would like some 6 inches or a nice 12 inch branch piece. Only if shipping to canada is not too much.

Hi...what is your Zipcode or city so that I can calculate a price. I would love to send some of this nice wood to Canada! How many 6 inch pieces would you like and also what diameter. I have all sizes growing!

My emails Bri.rock2@gmail.com.....thanks!

Brian

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Brock wrote:
Hi...what is your Zipcode or city so that I can calculate a price. I would love to send some of this nice wood to Canada! How many 6 inch pieces would you like and also what diameter. I have all sizes growing!

My emails Bri.rock2@gmail.com.....thanks!

Brian

If you're shipping from the states to Canada via the USPS, it'll be the same price per pound no matter where in Canada it's going. ;) However, prices went up last month A LOT for postage so it's not as cheap as it used to be to mail First Class. :(
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Cecil716

Post by Cecil716 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:46 pm

wodesorel wrote:
If you're shipping from the states to Canada via the USPS, it'll be the same price per pound no matter where in Canada it's going. ;) However, prices went up last month A LOT for postage so it's not as cheap as it used to be to mail First Class. :(
It costs to a lot more the ship from canada though.
Current hermits: About 17 PPs and 3 straws (for now)
A 180-ish gallon tank with two 36 gallon extenstions!
What can I say? I love crabs!