LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by wodesorel » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:59 pm

I'm moving this over to DIY & Review and stickying it. :D
Great thread full of information about LHC. And I hope that people keep adding to it!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Question-some of us were told that there would be a discount on our next order after the debacle last year. Has anyone inquired about it? I sent two emails last week regarding the discount, and was pretty much ignored. It's finally getting warm enough for me to consider another order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Tue May 14, 2013 6:41 am

Careyenz wrote:Question-some of us were told that there would be a discount on our next order after the debacle last year. Has anyone inquired about it? I sent two emails last week regarding the discount, and was pretty much ignored. It's finally getting warm enough for me to consider another order.

Yeah. Me too... I haven't emailed her... haven't decided if it's worth it lol- Let me know if you get a response. I'd really like to get the blueberries this year that I paid for last year (and never got) :|

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Tue May 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Careyenz wrote:Question-some of us were told that there would be a discount on our next order after the debacle last year. Has anyone inquired about it? I sent two emails last week regarding the discount, and was pretty much ignored. It's finally getting warm enough for me to consider another order.

Hey Careyenz, I emailed LHC yesterday after reading your post and she said she would be including one (or two) free crabs in our order. All you have to do is put it in the notes that you are a HCA member that is 'owed' a free-bee. I also asked her about Blueberries and she said her distributer doesn't get them any more and she will not be carrying them as a result. :crybaby:

P.S. is that whats in your avatar pic?

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Tue May 14, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm bummed about the blueberries, but I expected it. That was what my original order was from months ago. I thought I would try to order some ruggies, since they seem to be coming in healthy. Kip ordered a 6 pack and they looked good. I also want to get two more Indos, although I'm nervous because both mine have been under for a VERY long time on their second molt with me.

My avatar pic is one of my violas that's really turned on the blues. He's not from LHC, but the ones I did get from there are all still alive and healthy.
I got a response from her the other day. She asked me what the discount we spoke of was. I didn't receive a response after I told her she said 50%!

Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Tue May 14, 2013 9:11 pm

@careyenz: that's what I ordered last year in addition to the $150 I spent on Indos. Only one of my six has molted but they are very large so I'm not surprised. That was another issue I had, they were supposed to be 'medium' and I got nearly Jumbo. Bummer she hasn't emailed you back. I guess that doesn't surprise me. Well... you viola is beautiful. What's your experience with them? I have considered substituting those for the blues I can't seem to get :?

Libbster

Post by Libbster » Tue May 14, 2013 9:17 pm

The best thing we can do is tell her the right thing to do for the hermies.
4 hermit crabs in a 20g Tall tank:
Mitchell, Feelix, Charlotte, and Google
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TinyStarrable?feature=mhee
RIP Sandy, Ralph, Aaron, Lucky, Shelly, Hermie, Buddy

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Tue May 14, 2013 9:36 pm

parrothead wrote:@careyenz: that's what I ordered last year in addition to the $150 I spent on Indos. Only one of my six has molted but they are very large so I'm not surprised. That was another issue I had, they were supposed to be 'medium' and I got nearly Jumbo. Bummer she hasn't emailed you back. I guess that doesn't surprise me. Well... you viola is beautiful. What's your experience with them? I have considered substituting those for the blues I can't seem to get :?
I've always asked for smalls with LHC, because I'm afraid of that happening. The smalls I've received have been a pretty decent size, no teenies.
I actually really love my violas. I got two from a mall kiosk while on a business trip to Columbus, and felt they needed some friends. At least mine are more active during the day that I think they are reputed to be. My true mediums are much busier than my smalls. Might just be their personality. They are definite climbers. When I first got them, they liked to puff up and flap their legs around to show dominance. Nothing ever came of it and they are really peaceful once the peacocking is done. They spend 99% of their time in my second and third levels, only coming down to eat, take a bath and return. The color change was dramatic and fast. My avatar is my biggest, a true medium. His color really changed totally in a couple months. The others are all in flux with color. My smallest, still a true small, is still red.
I'm actually considering adding more violas and skipping the rugs. Still can't decide!

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Wed May 15, 2013 5:20 am

I get mixed reviews about them too, that's why I asked :D I REALLY want blueberries, but am considering the Violas in stead.
Thanks for the input :thumbright:

KeylaAlexandra

LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by KeylaAlexandra » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:37 pm

After reading all of these posts I decided to still try out this website, I payed through Paypal.
My order went through April 1st for 2 Strawberrys and 1 Ecuadorian, I had already payed and nothing came and I did not receive any replies after emailing multiple times. It had been three weeks since the order was placed.
Therefore I decided to place a discrepancy towards it and then the owner emailed me saying I shouldn't have done that and just waited instead, this being their first contact. Interesting to know, when you take away the money all of a sudden they answer.
Personally I will never use this website again.

I did find solace in a website called reptilecity, purchasing my two straws, they emailed me within minutes and shipped the day after the order was processed and arrived a day early, even called to see if I was home when they arrived. Although, they run a bit on the more expensive side, I got them during a sale. I would rather pay a bit more for better customer service.
Last edited by KeylaAlexandra on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Crabber of 10PP's, Hermes, Zoidberg, Bert, Ernie, Fred, George, Pam, Jim and Dwight; 2 E's tiger and Doby and 1 straw JW. Also a very dramatic and spoiled Weimaraner, Daisy.

hermilove

Post by hermilove » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:27 pm

I want to purchase 3 Ecuadorians from here, but am worried about them not shipping in a timely fashion. I would get them elsewhere but I don't have the money to pay any more since I just spent the rest of my money on things for the tank. Is there anywhere else with the same prices, or should I try here first? I'm also worried about the season length, and if she doesn't ship will I still be able to get them elsewhere.

Also as a quick question, can you set up a date to be delivered after. I want to be added to the list before they sell out, but I want them to come after my other items will.
Lovely PPs and Little Es

boxcat

Post by boxcat » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:34 pm

hermilover wrote:I want to purchase 3 Ecuadorians from here, but am worried about them not shipping in a timely fashion. I would get them elsewhere but I don't have the money to pay any more since I just spent the rest of my money on things for the tank. Is there anywhere else with the same prices, or should I try here first? I'm also worried about the season length, and if she doesn't ship will I still be able to get them elsewhere.
With shipping, you will be paying a total of $58.97 for the three Es. I get the feeling you may be able to find some cheaper if there is a pet store in town that carries them.
YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR

hermilove

Post by hermilove » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:01 pm

There isn't anyone close, and shipping will cost 37 bucks? I may not have enough money then...and I've tried every store near me so I can't find anywhere else. May not be able to get hermit crabs then :(
Lovely PPs and Little Es

lilscout

Post by lilscout » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:33 pm

**************************************************************************************************************

My local Pet Supplies Plus usually has them and I asked and found out that their orders come in on Wednesdays.
Yours might get the shipments on a different day.
Most pet stores don't even know that there are different species or how to tell them apart so, you have to just go and look for them in person.

Good luck, I hope you find some, they're awesome little guys!

Good judgement comes from experience,
Experience comes from bad judgement...

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:14 pm

hermilover wrote:I want to purchase 3 Ecuadorians from here, but am worried about them not shipping in a timely fashion. I would get them elsewhere but I don't have the money to pay any more since I just spent the rest of my money on things for the tank. Is there anywhere else with the same prices, or should I try here first? I'm also worried about the season length, and if she doesn't ship will I still be able to get them elsewhere.

Also as a quick question, can you set up a date to be delivered after. I want to be added to the list before they sell out, but I want them to come after my other items will.
She's pretty good about setting up shipping dates, if necessary. I definitely agree that getting them locally would save you a ton of $$$. E's get easier to find in the summer months, so keep checking. You can ask local mom and pops stores to see if they can order. My Pet Supplies Plus always has E's this time of year.

E's are fairly common crabs, and they would have a different distributor than the exotics coming from eastern Asia. You probably shouldn't need to worry about them running out. I wouldn't only order them if you exhaust your local sources first.