LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

cjmiller

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by cjmiller » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Well - I caved and ordered. 3 Ruggies, 3 violas, and 3 Straws.

Since I ordered so late (I waited until this past Sunday so I knew she had them) I wonder how much longer it will take for me to get mine than everyone else. I know she ships in the order that people ordered *AS SHE SHOULD* - I just don't know how much longer of a wait I will have.

In a way I am kind of happy about waiting a little bit longer since she "treats" for mites - or so she says on the website. Does anyone know what she does for this? Does she use the predatory mites or does she only do baths to "treat"?
Christina
8 PP's and 10 E's in a 170gal tank / 3 Straws, 4 Ruggies, 3 Violas in ISO right now after shipment
Also have two dogs, Jax and Bailey, and one cat, Nina

Leeko

Post by Leeko » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:18 am

It's been a week since the expected arrival date... I wonder if she has them yet. :?

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Yes she has them now :)

Leeko

Post by Leeko » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am

Are you sure? The hermit crabs page on the site still says "HERMIT CRAB PRE-ORDERS.. SHIPMENT ARRIVING TO OUR FACILITY OCTOBER 4TH"

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:29 am

Yes, I emailed her and she has them.

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:35 pm

yes she's had them for at least a week
Last edited by CrabbyJ on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:53 pm

I talked to her too. She did get them on the 4th. I ordered in August and I'm roughly looking at 4 weeks from the time she got them until mine ship out. I'm sure that's subject to change, but I'm ok with it since I'm still working on my new tank. I'd also like to hear anyone's mite experience.
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:11 am

Mites are really common with her just because of the sheer number of crabs all together, so definitely bathe them when you get them and isolate them for a time before adding them to the main tank! :) Which will also give you a chance to feed them up nicely and keep an eye on them.
We're not asked to do great things, we're asked to do all things with great care.
Rocky's Reptile Rescue: https://www.facebook.com/RockysReptileRescue
Stop the demand. End the trade.

Leeko

Post by Leeko » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Okay, phew. I was getting worried. Any longer and I'd just cancel my order, honestly. Thanks for sharing your information. It's too bad I don't have a bigger tank. I would love to take advantage of the offer of free crabs but I ordered enough to fill my tank to capacity...

Ammolite

Post by Ammolite » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Leeko wrote:Okay, phew. I was getting worried. Any longer and I'd just cancel my order, honestly. Thanks for sharing your information. It's too bad I don't have a bigger tank. I would love to take advantage of the offer of free crabs but I ordered enough to fill my tank to capacity...
If you ordered BEFORE September 20th, she's going to AUTOMATICALLY send you two (2) free crabs. If you don't want them, I'd email her and let her know your order number, the number and type of crabs you ordered, and the fact that you DO NOT want the two free crabs. Otherwise, you're in for a surprise when your order comes. :lol:
10 PP's and 1 Indo:
PP's - Lordy, Lady, Squire, Khaleesi, Ko, Pirate, Scurvy Dog, Hamburg, Berks, and Franklin
Indo - Biscuit

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Has anyone heard anything about shipments?
Last edited by CrabbyJ on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Woot Woot! :pharaoh: So :D excited!
Last edited by CrabbyJ on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cjmiller

Post by cjmiller » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:48 pm

CrabbyJ wrote:
Woot Woot! :pharaoh: So :D excited!
Excited and scared - excited and scared. We will go through it together J! :D :banana: Crabby cousins :P

Fingers crossed for no mites!
Christina
8 PP's and 10 E's in a 170gal tank / 3 Straws, 4 Ruggies, 3 Violas in ISO right now after shipment
Also have two dogs, Jax and Bailey, and one cat, Nina

Kgoleb

Post by Kgoleb » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Have the people who ordered waaaayyy back in June seen their crabbies come in yet? Where I ordered in September how likely am I to see my crabs this year?? lol I can't believe how long this is taking, i'm so inpatient!

mom23

Post by mom23 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:05 pm

I ordered in August and she told me it would be at least 4 weeks after she got them, and that's an estimate.
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!