LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

mom23

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by mom23 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:32 pm

I ordered some. I'll post pics. If they turn out to be a different species I'm ok with it. But I gotta say I hope they're ruggies over violas if not truly a cavipe. :) I love ruggies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

kuza

Post by kuza » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:26 pm

I wanted to mention to everyone getting blues, I used to keep my tank up around 85-90 degrees average, but since I lost a few blues and they always seemed to hang out in the cooler areas, I've dropped my temps back to the 80ish range. My straws still seem happy, but my last 1 (possibly 2) Blues seem happier as well. My substrate level is about 78 in the front of the tank and 81 at the back just under the UTH. At the top it's 88-90 at the back near the UTH and 80 up front. Straws hang out up high, blues hang out down low.

So chances are blues do like it a tad cooler. And good luck, they are wonderful creatures!

aceblade

Post by aceblade » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:58 pm

I wish they shipped outside of the USA.

:(
:crabcry:

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:07 pm

kuza wrote:I wanted to mention to everyone getting blues, I used to keep my tank up around 85-90 degrees average, but since I lost a few blues and they always seemed to hang out in the cooler areas, I've dropped my temps back to the 80ish range. My straws still seem happy, but my last 1 (possibly 2) Blues seem happier as well. My substrate level is about 78 in the front of the tank and 81 at the back just under the UTH. At the top it's 88-90 at the back near the UTH and 80 up front. Straws hang out up high, blues hang out down low.

So chances are blues do like it a tad cooler. And good luck, they are wonderful creatures!
Great info, Kuza! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

PrettyNInk87x

Post by PrettyNInk87x » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:14 pm

I was wondering if anyone has order from there in the past week or so? looking to buy an E but it's not letting me add it to the cart.
Punk Rock Mommy to a crazy little girl, Army Wife to my awesome Soldier and Small Business Owner!

Hermie's Kitchen

http://www.hermieskitchen.etsy.com

happycrabbymama

Post by happycrabbymama » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:22 pm

I don't think they send orders until weather is warmer... maybe. I am not 100% sure as I have never ordered a crab online. Sorry. I did pm you concerning E's. :)
Mill-Creek Hermit Crab Sanctuary of Northwest Ohio
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MillCreekHermit ... thwestOhio

PrettyNInk87x

Post by PrettyNInk87x » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:00 pm

happycrabbymama wrote:I don't think they send orders until weather is warmer... maybe. I am not 100% sure as I have never ordered a crab online. Sorry. I did pm you concerning E's. :)
yes I replied. I just see a lot of negative on here about them and I was going to test run them by buying some supplies or something.
Punk Rock Mommy to a crazy little girl, Army Wife to my awesome Soldier and Small Business Owner!

Hermie's Kitchen

http://www.hermieskitchen.etsy.com

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:45 am

LHC ships all year. If you want a really great E, try the Hermit Crab Patch. They only sell crabs that have molted with them and only ship in the warmer months. You know you are getting a healthy crab with HCP.
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:03 am

With LHC on the pre orders do they wait to bill you when they're shipped or do they bill you when you place the pre-order? I'm just wondering- if they do not have enough supply to meet the need...
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:17 am

They will bill you when you place the order. I know it says they will substitute sizes if they don't get enough of a certain size and it's first come first serve on the sizes. You could email their customer service and see what happens if they run out. My thought is a substitute if wanted or a refund.

It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Ok- that's what I am concerned of. I'm worried because as you know I only want one kind- if I cant get it, then I prefer to be refunded. I sent an email, I just have to play the wait game I suppose.

Thanks again for all the help!
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:12 pm

I think others have been refunded for whatever reason, but hopefully it all works out!!!

Tropical_Papi

Post by Tropical_Papi » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:48 pm

What the heck! I placed an order for 8 little guys 3 weeks ago. When do any of you guess they will be shipped?

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:24 pm

wolfnipplechips wrote:I'll be curious to see myself. :) I hope she adds a photo when she gets them in, and people post photos if they're brave enough to order them without really knowing.
I won't believe it until I see it myself. :P I've seen crabs mislabelled tooooo many times to not be skeptic. Even the "Blueberries" Jessica ordered for my christmas present turned out to be indos (which were incidentally my favorite so it was more awesome, but still)
*Edit* just to clarify, I ordered my indos from Petland, NOT LHC :)
We're not asked to do great things, we're asked to do all things with great care.
Rocky's Reptile Rescue: https://www.facebook.com/RockysReptileRescue
Stop the demand. End the trade.

Avery

Post by Avery » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:16 pm

Tropical_Papi wrote:What the heck! I placed an order for 8 little guys 3 weeks ago. When do any of you guess they will be shipped?

If you placed the order after Feb- you have pre-ordered. It is right there on her web site.
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken (Oscar Wilde)
Human mom to: Straws, PP's, Indos, Violas, E's, Goldfish, Julii Cory Cat's, dogs, cats & a teenager