LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

mom23

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by mom23 » Fri May 09, 2014 4:47 pm

I just got it this morning. I need to re-read it because I read it in a hurry, but from what I remember that's what it said. I ordered Aussies so my wait will be longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

HARAWLINS

Post by HARAWLINS » Sun May 11, 2014 1:38 pm

I've been checking and checking LHC's website! I'm waiting to see if they will get any more E's. I sent an email and finally got a response, and all they said was "I don't know when we will be getting more Ecuadorians"! Sounds like they really could use some help. I don't know now whether to order from them or not, but there are no other places that sell them!
What are your opinions? Is it worth it? Are there any more reputable online sellers?

Hermycrabitat21

Post by Hermycrabitat21 » Sun May 11, 2014 5:15 pm

HARAWLINS wrote:I've been checking and checking LHC's website! I'm waiting to see if they will get any more E's. I sent an email and finally got a response, and all they said was "I don't know when we will be getting more Ecuadorians"! Sounds like they really could use some help. I don't know now whether to order from them or not, but there are no other places that sell them!
What are your opinions? Is it worth it? Are there any more reputable online sellers?
The hermitcrabpatch.com is the perfect site for ordering E's. That would be a better alternative since they have them molt first before they sell them

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Started Crabin December 2010, Currently as of 11/2018 I have 12 PP's & 1 E.
Crabs leave pincher prints on our hearts<3

Hermycrabitat21

Post by Hermycrabitat21 » Sun May 11, 2014 5:28 pm

I just placed my order!! Wahoo! I have been wanting ruggies and blues for years and I finally just ordered them. Two of each and I ordered a straw. I have one currently now but we lost his brother last year :( he needs a species buddy. Soooo excited!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Started Crabin December 2010, Currently as of 11/2018 I have 12 PP's & 1 E.
Crabs leave pincher prints on our hearts<3

HARAWLINS

Post by HARAWLINS » Mon May 12, 2014 9:01 am

The hermitcrabpatch.com is the perfect site for ordering E's. That would be a better alternative since they have them molt first before they sell them

I strongly considered them, but their website says they are going to stop selling live crabs, and all they have left are the larger crabs. I was really hoping to get smaller ones. I went ahead and placed my order with LHC just minus the E's. Hope it won't be a disaster!

mom23

Post by mom23 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:03 am

Not counting the indos my LHC crabs are doing fine! The indos were in not so great shape when she got them so I can't really blame her.

It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Tue May 13, 2014 12:49 pm

mom23 wrote:I just got it this morning. I need to re-read it because I read it in a hurry, but from what I remember that's what it said. I ordered Aussies so my wait will be longer.

I have heard nothing from her at all :(

HARAWLINS

Post by HARAWLINS » Wed May 14, 2014 6:20 pm

I finally ordered four crabs from LHC on the 11th (I couldn't help myself!). I just hope my order doesn't get cancelled after 20 days like I've heard a lot of other people talking about! :?

AimeeZ21

Post by AimeeZ21 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:42 pm

I'm looking for some small Es. Does anyone have any ideas where to get them since LHC is out and the Patch is only selling medium and large? Are there other safe vendors out there?

lessthansign3

Post by lessthansign3 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:24 am

So, right now I am planning on preordering some Aussies and blueberries when I get paid next week. Maybe I'll add a couple cavipes, we shall see. I honestly wasn't planning on getting more crabs so soon, but I really want Aussies and blues and who knows how long it will be until they'll be available again?

This means I will have to upgrade my tank, though. My 29 gallon is already over full. It's a lot of money I wasn't planning on spending right at the moment, but... it's worth it for the crabs, right? :)

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:33 am

That's how I feel...I don't want to miss the opportunity because who knows when the chance will come around again.

HARAWLINS

Post by HARAWLINS » Wed May 21, 2014 8:00 am

AimeeZ21 wrote:I'm looking for some small Es. Does anyone have any ideas where to get them since LHC is out and the Patch is only selling medium and large? Are there other safe vendors out there?
As far as I know, Live Hermit Crabs is really the only online vendor of certain kinds of crabs. But I'd like to hear about it if anybody knows of other sources.

AimeeZ21

Post by AimeeZ21 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:48 pm

Thank you!

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Thu May 22, 2014 1:45 am

HARAWLINS wrote:I finally ordered four crabs from LHC on the 11th (I couldn't help myself!). I just hope my order doesn't get cancelled after 20 days like I've heard a lot of other people talking about! :?

I (pre) ordered in March and my order hasn't been cancelled :)

For the record, I also heard from her (May 9th) that the Indonesian crabs would be in on the 13th of this month but no news yet on the Aussies. The only reason this bothers me is because I also ordered straws and so if the Aussies aren't even in yet then the wait time will be even longer :(
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

mom23

Post by mom23 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:22 am

The Aussies are coming from a different supplier and are later than expected. I ordered Aussies and others from the Indonesian order so I'll be waiting longer as well.