LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

jillybeans

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by jillybeans » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:31 pm

It's a perfect day in NJ for crabs. Humid as heck! Lol the newbies are switching into new shells and munching on cuttlebone. I'm glad bc my pp and straws never touched the stuff. I'm honestly surprised most of Em haven't dug down yet. Most of my newbies do. The blueberries were really hairy when I got them.

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:59 pm

crabbienewb wrote: did you get a tracking nu mber?
Yes but accuracy and updates are a fail. The tracking states guaranteed delivery by 7.9.14 by 3:00 pm. That's a negative captain, lol. Oh well what's one more day? I'm in Florida... Maybe that's why?

Happy for everyone else though.
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:02 pm

I kinda figured you'd end up getting them tomorrow honestly. Thats a pretty far trip for one day. Im just worried what if they deliver after you've left. Did you check in with them?

crabbienewb

Post by crabbienewb » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:07 pm

Kate87 wrote:I kinda figured you'd end up getting them tomorrow honestly. Thats a pretty far trip for one day. Im just worried what if they deliver after you've left. Did you check in with them?
I was thinking the exact same thing. Does it say out for delivery? I've had things come as late as 8pm when sennt overnight or express.

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Last check in was at 3:25 pm yesterday in NY. I had to go by the bank as a coincidence and stopped by the office and there was nothing.

4 PP, 4 Ruggies

Ammolite

Post by Ammolite » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:56 pm

If you paid for overnight/one-day shipping for a LIVE ANIMAL, you should receive the animal in ONE DAY. It doesn't matter how far away the shipper is, if they live in the continental US, you should receive your animal overnight. (I've received animals from CA overnight, and I live in PA.)

Contact both LHC and the post office ASAP to let them know. You should AT LEAST get a shipping refund from the post office, if not a full refund for the animals (live animals are usually insured). Even if the crabs arrive healthy, you did not get what you paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 PP's and 1 Indo:
PP's - Lordy, Lady, Squire, Khaleesi, Ko, Pirate, Scurvy Dog, Hamburg, Berks, and Franklin
Indo - Biscuit

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Ammolite wrote:If you paid for overnight/one-day shipping for a LIVE ANIMAL, you should receive the animal in ONE DAY. It doesn't matter how far away the shipper is, if they live in the continental US, you should receive your animal overnight. (I've received animals from CA overnight, and I live in PA.)

Contact both LHC and the post office ASAP to let them know. You should AT LEAST get a shipping refund from the post office, if not a full refund for the animals (live animals are usually insured). Even if the crabs arrive healthy, you did not get what you paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you check out, you can only pay for 1-2 day shipping.
No reason to freak out. Plenty of people, including myself, have received crabs in two days and they've been perfectly healthy.
:)

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:26 pm

Only Fedex and UPS offer guarenteed overnight shipping. USPS changed from "Overnight" to "Express" a few years back and their fastest service is guaranteed two-day or less and is dependant on how far away the package is being sent. 1-day is normally within a state or two radius and anything past that is 2-day.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Careyenz

LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by Careyenz » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:08 pm

Ugh. Mine didn't come today, despite my tracking saying they would. The tracking did show that they were coming "Priority Mail Express-One Day" through usps. Now I'm really nervous! I have my iso set up for my husband tomorrow. He's not into the crabs, so I'm hoping that he does ok!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:04 pm

I can see both sides of this part; yes the crabs SHOULD be okay (mine always came overnight) but it DOES also say "1 Day", and a date & time with "money back guarantee" so you should get what you paid for & were guaranteed or not have to pay the shipping.
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:26 am

LOL Careyenz, I thought you said that you were going to ISO your husband! :hlol: I was like "Wat?" :smt104
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am

aussieJJDude wrote:LOL Careyenz, I thought you said that you were going to ISO your husband! :hlol: I was like "Wat?" :smt104
There's nothing wrong with iso'ng your husband from time to time. :hlol:

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:00 am

Kate87 wrote: There's nothing wrong with iso'ng your husband from time to time. :hlol:

Absolutely!! :lol:
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:55 am

I am so excited I am shaking. I have the most adorable 4 baby ruggies I have ever seen. I may most pics later this evening if they settle some. 1 is very dark, 1 just a light to dark brown, 2 are light pinkish 1 with tints of green one with tints of blue.

They are amazing... 4 were all in the same burlap bag.
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

lefty

Post by lefty » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:24 am

eeeeks i am so happy for you guys, can't wait for pics :banana:
10 pp.'s ,5 E's, 2Violas, 4 strawshttp://s1330.photobucket.com/user/aliso ... y/library/
i respect all choices, even the ones that are not mine!( that is to remind ME)