LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Ammolite

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by Ammolite » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Congrats to everyone who's received their crabs! They're all quite adorable.

For those who haven't received their crabs yet - I ordered in August of last year and received the crabs in November. This year I ordered in March and haven't heard a peep (besides this forum). So don't worry if it seems to be taking an unusually long time - That's apparently normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 PP's and 1 Indo:
PP's - Lordy, Lady, Squire, Khaleesi, Ko, Pirate, Scurvy Dog, Hamburg, Berks, and Franklin
Indo - Biscuit

PaintTheCityPink

Post by PaintTheCityPink » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:21 am

Ok thanks. It's just that in 2 months I'm moving and I'm afraid since she hasn't responded she won't read my email and send them to this address. I realize it's going to take awhile but I don't understand why she doesn't email you at all.

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:37 pm

They shipped out my package and the plane that was supposed to bring them here was delayed.
They left Tuesday, and I was told that "because they already missed the one day guarantee period, that it could arrive any business day in the next two weeks."
I told them they were live animals, and they said they would "try to get them to me early next week".
I am so beyond upset right now.
:cry:

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Amethyst wrote:They shipped out my package and the plane that was supposed to bring them here was delayed.
They left Tuesday, and I was told that "because they already missed the one day guarantee period, that it could arrive any business day in the next two weeks."
I told them they were live animals, and they said they would "try to get them to me early next week".
I am so beyond upset right now.
:cry:
oh my! I am so sorry to hear this! That is insane. I would contact LHC, maybe she can make some calls on your behalf. I hope everything turns out okay, sending positive vibes!!

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:27 pm

I contacted her, and she responded to the first two emails, which explained the situation before I'd called. When I told her what USPS said, she ignored the email. :(

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Kate87 wrote: oh my! I am so sorry to hear this! That is insane. I would contact LHC, maybe she can make some calls on your behalf. I hope everything turns out okay, sending positive vibes!!

OMG!!!!! Insane, are you kidding, the next 2 weeks! Prayers for you and your crabbies!!!!!!!

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:50 pm

So the delay was on the part of & confirmed by the USPS?
Not to make light of the fact that live animals are now lost in transit, but I'd want answers on why the package missed the flight as well as a refund on the shipping to start with since it didn't meet the guarantee you paid for.
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

crabbienewb

Post by crabbienewb » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:58 pm

SachOfSCP wrote:So the delay was on the part of & confirmed by the USPS?
Not to make light of the fact that live animals are now lost in transit, but I'd want answers on why the package missed the flight as well as a refund on the shipping to start with since it didn't meet the guarantee you paid for.
USPS would have to refund the shipping and what she insured it for, so LHC should fully refund that and make the claim to USPS regardless of if the crabs do survive or not, since it's definitely putting their health at risk even a short delay.

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:16 pm

The lady with USPS said that it was due to weather on the runway, and it couldnt take off. I don't want to snap at one of them, but they treat me like im tge stuid one whrn i tell them tgey are live animals, and one was very, very rude. They treat this like it's no big deal. :(

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Did you call the customer service number? Did they open a claim and give you a C# for tracking it?

I went through this earlier this year, thankfully not with live animals. Working with my local post office got the best results rather than trying to phone it in. (LHC should be the one to instigate this since they are the ones who paid, but you do whatever you can to get those crabs!) Express has automatic insurance and as soon as it's past two days without delivery they can start the claim process. They can also track the package and get it there faster than two weeks.

There is a hidden service within the USPS where post masters can send mail to each other directly, overnight. They CAN get the crabs to you before the weekend if you can get your post master on board with helping!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Yes, I called them, and that's when I was told whyit was delayed. They gave me a trackibg number, and it still says its in New York. Ill try to get in contact with the post master. How did you do that?

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:44 pm

You need to call your local Post Office - the one where the mail for your house gets routed. Find out when the Post Master will be in, and go down and speak to them in person if at all possible - it will have much more of an impact! You can find the number of your local branch here: https://tools.usps.com/go/POLocatorAction!input.action
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:50 pm

I alreadt have my local number, and thank you so much. I will talk to hin asap.

kitkathermiesworld

Post by kitkathermiesworld » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Quick Question
Can I order my hermit crabs around January/February? Or only on during nice weather?
8PPs 6 E's in a 75gallon tank
2 Beautiful girls 3 Guinea Pigs
Loveableexotics.com (coming soon) hermies & bearded dragons will be available

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Good news, guys. I called the post master, and had a nice conversation with him, and he managed to already get the little guys in Texas. I'm picking them up from my local post office at 8:30 tomorrow. :)
Anyone know the likelihood that these little ones are still alive, since they have been in there since Tuesday?...