LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by wodesorel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:17 pm

kitkathermiesworld wrote:Quick Question
Can I order my hermit crabs around January/February? Or only on during nice weather?
The official HCA stance is here: http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... 13&t=13119

Amethyst wrote:Good news, guys. I called the post master, and had a nice conversation with him, and he managed to already get the little guys in Texas. I'm picking them up from my local post office at 8:30 tomorrow. :)
Anyone know the likelihood that these little ones are still alive, since they have been in there since Tuesday?...
Yay! :cheer:
So long as the temperatures have been okay during their trip and they weren't in too bad of shape when they were mailed, they should be fine. Both times I've mailed crabs they've taken two full days to arrive, but they were healthy crabs who had been with me for over years and had molted many times, and the temps were between 70 and 80 degrees between where I was and where they were going.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:55 am

I got my blues today, happy and healthy. :D

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:40 am

Beautiful! Can't wait for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

kuza

Post by kuza » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:45 am

They look great!

swang

Post by swang » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:29 pm

This is exciting. i can't believe people are finally getting crabs. For those that have received them or gotten email from her about shipping, when did you order them? I ordered blueberries and strawberries in March and haven't heard anything.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:36 pm

swang wrote:This is exciting. i can't believe people are finally getting crabs. For those that have received them or gotten email from her about shipping, when did you order them? I ordered blueberries and strawberries in March and haven't heard anything.
What size did you order?

It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

swang

Post by swang » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:46 pm

i think i ordered all smalls

mom23

LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by mom23 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:47 pm

I think the smalls came in the second Indonesian order so they are probably still in de-stress mode.

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Well, in the hopes of at least getting *something*, I contacted her and said I'd pay to ship my straws separate from my Aussies since she said I was one of the first people who pre-ordered. She cut me a discount on the shipping (it should be free, but I am SO tired of waiting) and my straws are supposed to ship next week. I ordered 4 larges.
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:49 pm

She said I could do that too with my blues and cavipes. I'm not quite done with the new tank yet so I may get on it and get the blues and cavipes.

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:50 am

I did the same thing and had her ship my blues and cavipes last week, I told her to wait on my straws and indos at a later date. I could not wait any longer and glad they are here and de stressing..

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:53 am

[quote="Amethyst"]I got my blues today, happy and healthy. :D

All of my blues are gray, but I got a pretty viola that is blue, I call my blues "grayberries" they need to molt badly, anyone else see mites??

LightFlower

Post by LightFlower » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:06 pm

When is she going to get E's in? I can't find them anywhere.... ;(
4 Purple Pinchers: Spiral, Violet, Cinnamon and Swirl

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:42 pm

LightFlower wrote:When is she going to get E's in? I can't find them anywhere.... ;(
Have you tried ordering them? It says "This item is currently unavailable" but it also says in stock & ready to ship so maybe she does have them?
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

LightFlower

Post by LightFlower » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:50 pm

I haven't tried ordering them, but I'm really unsure and weary of the problems she has. I'd order from HCP but they don't have E's either apparently.
4 Purple Pinchers: Spiral, Violet, Cinnamon and Swirl