LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

SachOfSCP

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by SachOfSCP » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:17 am

kitkathermiesworld wrote:I was thinking about ordering 8 Ruggies from LHC, if I order now how long does it usually take to receive them? 4-6 weeks? also how are ruggies as hermie pets? I heard they like to climb but are they hard to deal with? And would a 50 gallon be good to house all 8? Thanks

While I can't speak on rugs since I don't have any as far as I know they are pretty much like any other species and as far as a 50 gal being enough for 8, that would depend on what size the crabs are. However, as for how long it takes to get them.....go back & read some of this thread; I just cancelled my order with them because I have been waiting FOUR AND A HALF MONTHS for crabs I ordered with little communication from them on when I'd receive them. They are KNOWN for taking months to ship crabs & not answering emails, so the risk is on you.....
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:21 am

I heard from LHC. They are one step closer to the Aussies. There are a lot of applications to submit for approval and one got approved. I also know she is waiting for some more shipping materials which could be why nothing shipped this week.

I love my ruggies. They are active and pretty laid back. I do keep them at a higher temp and humidity than the 80/80 and give them lots of room to climb. I think they'd be ok in a 50 until they all got very big as long as you do very deep sub (at least 10 inches) and gave them a lot of climbing toys and hides. I think the ruggies are all in stock so when she gets all the packing material they should be good to go. If there is a wait list those people will get theirs first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:24 am

I'd order smalls so your 50g will be suitable before needing to upgrade. I'm no ruggie expert but they seem to be a smaller crab than my others and they haven't grown a lot during their molts. My pp's and straws are growing like crazy!

It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

Ammolite

Post by Ammolite » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:33 am

Just FYI - I ordered Rugs back in March and have yet to receive my crabs. So, the waiting list is probably pretty long. I'd put your name in ASAP to ensure you can get crabs from the most recent shipment, and not have to wait till fall. That being said, you're more likely to receive your crabs in 3-5 months, not weeks.

10 PP's and 1 Indo:
PP's - Lordy, Lady, Squire, Khaleesi, Ko, Pirate, Scurvy Dog, Hamburg, Berks, and Franklin
Indo - Biscuit

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:54 am

I just spoke to my straw source and he's going to check to see if he can still get them in and if he can I will pick up extras if u would like sach

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:06 am

Kate87 wrote:I just spoke to my straw source and he's going to check to see if he can still get them in and if he can I will pick up extras if u would like sach
OMG you have no idea how happy that would make me!!!! Please keep in touch!
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

MuseCrazy

Post by MuseCrazy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:40 pm

SachOfSCP wrote: OMG you have no idea how happy that would make me!!!! Please keep in touch!
Can I get in on this...?

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:41 pm

I ordered small ruggies from LHC and got them a couple weeks ago. 2 have dug down and 2 are in a high moss pit, they travel around at times. Very sweet, calm. These are my first and haven't yet figured out exact personalities for them. Mine seem to cuddle or stick close to each other. On a activity level, I don't see much of them yet. This could be due to the de-stressing time. Time will tell.

I am very happy I decided with them after multiple discussions with mom23.
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:23 pm

My ruggies cuddle together a lot but they do climb all over the place too.

Hermycrabitat21

Post by Hermycrabitat21 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Does anyone know their status of Ruggies, straws and blues? Still waiting on mine. Been checking my email a thousand times a day. I ordered in May
Started Crabin December 2010, Currently as of 11/2018 I have 12 PP's & 1 E.
Crabs leave pincher prints on our hearts<3

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:52 pm

Hermycrabitat21 wrote:Does anyone know their status of Ruggies, straws and blues? Still waiting on mine. Been checking my email a thousand times a day. I ordered in May

It was very hard to take the advice to really just forget you ordered them and wait because it really does take forever. The communication is very bad but they eventually show up. I guess it just depends on how bad do you want them? I know it has taken more than 6 months for someone to get their crabs...
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

Hermycrabitat21

Post by Hermycrabitat21 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:59 pm

FloridaSun wrote:
It was very hard to take the advice to really just forget you ordered them and wait because it really does take forever. The communication is very bad but they eventually show up. I guess it just depends on how bad do you want them? I know it has taken more than 6 months for someone to get their crabs...
Lol yup you could say that. I just dont want to miss the email when she does email. This would be my 2nd time ordering so i get the whole waiting game.. I can be a but impatient sometimes thoImage.
Started Crabin December 2010, Currently as of 11/2018 I have 12 PP's & 1 E.
Crabs leave pincher prints on our hearts<3

kitkathermiesworld

Post by kitkathermiesworld » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:14 pm

Thanks everyone for your response. I'm glad to know they are as sweet as they look, I never really heard any bad stories about them like being aggressive or shell stealing.. I heard they are like Es but I wonder.I was going to order all small as well.. But Wowwww 5-6 months ?? That's really long by the time they come this year will be over :( ...... Have she ever forgot about an order from 6 months ago ? Are I'll always be in the right order to receive them?

Also can you tell me some of the colors that your ruggies came in? :D
8PPs 6 E's in a 75gallon tank
2 Beautiful girls 3 Guinea Pigs
Loveableexotics.com (coming soon) hermies & bearded dragons will be available

mom23

LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by mom23 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:52 pm

My tiniest ruggie is white still, I know she'll change as she grows. I have a charcoal gray one, and almost black one and a chocolate brown one. I had one (he passed away) that was peach. He was a beauty. I think you'll be fine to order from LHC. The ruggies are already in. I don't know how many people are ahead of you, but I think when orders start rolling out it won't take as long to get them. Having said that what people have said is true that there is the possibility of a long wait with not a lot of communication. If you want them bad enough and are willing to wait, they are so worth it.

kitkathermiesworld

Post by kitkathermiesworld » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Aweee their colors sound soo pretty. I am going to proceed with my order then because I really do want them. I just hope they don't come when it starts to snow.Do you know if she will pack extra heating pads? Are am I risking their health?
8PPs 6 E's in a 75gallon tank
2 Beautiful girls 3 Guinea Pigs
Loveableexotics.com (coming soon) hermies & bearded dragons will be available