LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

mom23

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by mom23 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:22 am

March & April orders not containing Aussies are shipping this week.
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

stewartx4

Post by stewartx4 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:09 am

Oh wow, that's exciting. I haven't heard anything yet so I'll have to keep a close eye on my email!
3 pps, 7 straws, 3 ruggies and 1 e

stewartx4

Post by stewartx4 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:16 am

Oops, for some reason my mind read April and May, not March and April. Looks like I still have a while. That's ok though!
3 pps, 7 straws, 3 ruggies and 1 e

AimeeZ21

Post by AimeeZ21 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:21 am

Thanks for all of the updates. I ordered indos in mid-May, so I guess I still have a while to wait...it's nice to hear others have received their crabs, though. :)

AimeeZ21

Post by AimeeZ21 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:36 am

I actually just got an e-mail that mine are coming next week! Yay!

Ammolite

Post by Ammolite » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:43 am

I received an email yesterday, informing me that my crabs were ready to ship. (Mind you, I ordered in mid-March.) Unfortunately, I can't have them delivered this week as I leave for vacation at the end of the week and won't be around in case of any unforeseen problems with shipping. I also won't be around in case the crabs need to be bathed for mites or otherwise receive special treatment. (I have pet sitters, but I'm not going to ask them to bathe hermit crabs.)

LHC was very good about working with me to arrange a date when I can receive my crabs. I'm now receiving them the week of 8/24 (I assume they'll ship between the 25th and the 27th). Hopefully the extra time with LHC will give the crabs more time to de-stress.

Just FYI - LHC will be on vacation 8/18-8/22. So, no crabs will be shipped on that week.
10 PP's and 1 Indo:
PP's - Lordy, Lady, Squire, Khaleesi, Ko, Pirate, Scurvy Dog, Hamburg, Berks, and Franklin
Indo - Biscuit

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:05 pm

I'm not trying to be a Negative Nancy (I no longer have a dog in this fight, so to speak since I cancelled my order) but I've seen a couple people who have had to make arrangements like yours on shipping because they'll be out of town and everyone says how helpful LHC is about doing it, but in my mind...she darn well BETTER to be willing to work with people on it after making them wait so long and even more so if there will be more delays because she will be on vacation?! Just my 2 cents (in case you haven't noticed, I have trouble NOT speaking my mind ;) )
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

Ammolite

Post by Ammolite » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:23 pm

SachOfSCP wrote:I've seen a couple people who have had to make arrangements like yours on shipping because they'll be out of town and everyone says how helpful LHC is about doing it, but in my mind...she darn well BETTER to be willing to work with people on it after making them wait so long
I expect LHC (and any other live animal shipper) to be extremely accommodating when it comes to shipping animals on the customer's schedule. If LHC had been anything less than prompt, courteous, and helpful I would have cancelled my order and demanded a refund on the spot. I just wanted other customers to know that, at least in my experience, LHC is very prompt about answering emails regarding shipping (at least once the email is sent informing the customer the crabs are ready to be shipped). I also wanted others to know that she WILL work with you to arrange a better shipping day if the one she initially plans/suggests is not the best choice. I know this was a worry for a few other HCA members who were afraid that crabs would be shipped and/or arrive when they were away, or that LHC is as inconsistent with shipping emails as she is with other emails.
10 PP's and 1 Indo:
PP's - Lordy, Lady, Squire, Khaleesi, Ko, Pirate, Scurvy Dog, Hamburg, Berks, and Franklin
Indo - Biscuit

mom23

Post by mom23 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:56 pm

She is also working with me on shipping.
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:00 am

crabbienewb wrote:I'm curious to know how long these aussies have been sitting in crappy conditions waiting to be shipped, same with the blues that took a while to get approval, how long were they sitting with the importer, and in what conditions. If the aussies are the same group collected from april or whatever waiting to be shipped still, that's a long time to be sitting at an exporter in whatever conditions they have them in.
Merv only does collections a few times a year - around 2,000 crabs on an overnight trip, with over 30,000 crabs total collected in a year. (It's all in the fisheries application permit: http://www.environment.gov.au/system/fi ... l-2012.pdf )

This is a description of his warehouse: http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... 36&t=83385
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

teardrop

Post by teardrop » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:06 am

I ordered 3 pp last week and I havnt hear nothing about my order I emailed twice and still nothing

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

crabbienewb

Post by crabbienewb » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:14 am

wodesorel wrote: Merv only does collections a few times a year - around 2,000 crabs on an overnight trip, with over 30,000 crabs total collected in a year. (It's all in the fisheries application permit: http://www.environment.gov.au/system/fi ... l-2012.pdf )

This is a description of his warehouse: http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... 36&t=83385
the size of the box they put 200-450 crabs in is horrible.
The dimensions of the containers used for transporting the catch
are 56cm x45cmx30cm, colours maybe grey, white or other colours, the lids are drilled for ventilation and 5
beach sand is placed in the bottom of these containers for the crabs to bury in. The holding capacity would be
between 250 to 450 and would be dependant on the size of the crabs collected.
didn't see how big the actual holding tanks are though.

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 am

@teardrop; that's just sad since the PPs have allegedly been in stock this whole time.

@crabbienewb; that's horrifying! I just did the conversions & that's 22X17X12 inches, so less than 1 foot by 2 feet by a foot & a half, so like the size of a Coleman cooler :(
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

Avery

Post by Avery » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Happy :clap: Happy :clap: Happy :clap: and very much this > :cloud9:

I received my Straws today. I asked for small-medium. I got exactly what I wanted. I ordered 3 and I got a +1 ( naturally since I ordered in February).

But- I'd like to report that all 4 of these guys are in PERFECT condition. Never, ever, ever have I ordered from her, and been able to say that every single crab is in perfect shape! But they ARE!!! I'm swimming through elation and shocked all at the same time! Everybody has all their limbs/eyes/antennas. Everybody has BEAUTIFUL shades of healthy reds, everyone is actively cruising around, eating, soaking, climbing, wrestling new shells... as if they've been here for years and it's just another day.

They have gone through their baths- and are currently in the very very boring ISO of two large pools, a whole lotta shells, a dish of yummy food options (no sub, just paper towels until I am certain that they are somewhat clean of mites) Speaking of mites- I haven't seen a single one ... yet.

Jeesh-They are sooooooo beautiful!

EDIT: I was letting their native shells soak- I returned to inspect them- and they do indeed have mites. They are white. And big. I could only count 4 legs and long antennas, as they were moving super fast. So- H.Miles are in the mail today. *sigh*

Kuza's mite pictures are an amazing reference tool. I really need to sticky note them somewhere in my world (with Kuza's permission of course) I can confirm that these mites are the white mites in his second picture. Harmless you say? Good.
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken (Oscar Wilde)
Human mom to: Straws, PP's, Indos, Violas, E's, Goldfish, Julii Cory Cat's, dogs, cats & a teenager

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:37 am

Glad everyone is getting their crabs, I will post pics once I have them uploaded to photobucket :)