LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by wodesorel » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:48 pm

hermitcrab101 wrote:I know for a fact that petco does or at least use to get their rodents and birds from sunpet. But I'm not sure if they still do after PETA did an investigation of the place and found some really awful things, I'm not sure a crab (or any animal) would be close to healthy from sunpet.
I was going to comment about Sunpet - they used to list my local Petco and Petsmart as businesses they supplied years ago, and I called those stores trying to get exotics when I started crabbing, but they were only ever able to order PPs. When I checked the list on their website this time no stores came up within 30 miles. Either they are no longer supplying them, or they're not advertising who is buying from them anymore.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

crabbienewb

Post by crabbienewb » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:07 pm

wodesorel wrote: I was going to comment about Sunpet - they used to list my local Petco and Petsmart as businesses they supplied years ago, and I called those stores trying to get exotics when I started crabbing, but they were only ever able to order PPs. When I checked the list on their website this time no stores came up within 30 miles. Either they are no longer supplying them, or they're not advertising who is buying from them anymore.
they pop up on my zip as supplying to pet warehouse 2, strangely enough not pet warehouse 1, as we have two. another store about an hour from me also has straws but not sure who the supplier is. I had never heard of sunpet until they popped up a while ago while i was looking for a supplier for straws because my local fish store who doesn't carry land hermits said they'd order for me if i gave them a supplier name.

If they are in bad conditions im glad i never bothered.

They are closer to me which may be why they show up on my zipcode, and my old zipcode in SC 4 shops pop up. they are in GA it says on their site.

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:09 pm

crabbienewb wrote: i took some pics of my crabs and then went through all my old pictures that i already had taken and i do see things that could be mites. I have no idea though, but i got my order in july blues/straws.

this is what i found that may be mites.
I haven't been able to see any in the water though.

do yours look like that?
There is a thread about the LHC mites so you may wanna check there too. Out of curiosity though, when did you place your order?
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

crabbienewb

Post by crabbienewb » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:14 pm

SachOfSCP wrote: There is a thread about the LHC mites so you may wanna check there too. Out of curiosity though, when did you place your order?
March. order was 6 pack of blueberries and 2 straws, a large and medium.

Ammolite

Post by Ammolite » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:17 pm

I received an email today stating that my crabs were ready to ship, but that the Indos I originally ordered were no longer available. Since I ordered back on March 18, and since the Indos were apparently available on August 4 when my order was originally supposed to ship, I was quite upset and confused to head this. (I would have thought LHC would save me two Indos.) I sent the following reply to LHC:
Hello,

Can I please receive a refund for the Indos that are not in stock? The main reason I placed this order is that I wanted a species-buddy for my lone Indo. (Out of the 5 Indos I received last November, only one survived.) I really don't have any interest in any other species.

I am extremely upset that the Indos are "not in stock" as (to the best of my knowledge), I was one of the earliest orders placed back in mid-March. (Over FIVE MONTHS ago.) I had to postpone receiving my order in the beginning of August due to vacation, but the very fact that an order I placed in March was interfered with by my August vacation is ridiculous! If you had informed me in the beginning of August that postponing my shipment would put me at the back of the line for Indos, I would not have postponed it. That lack of communication on your part greatly frustrates me. As someone who ordered so early in the season, and who has been extremely patient with the extended wait, I thought that my Indos would have been reserved for when my order was ready to be shipped!

If you cannot credit me for the Indos, I would like to cancel my order. As previously stated, my main reason for placing my order was to receive Indos.

Thank you in advance
I received no response to the above email, instead receiving a USPS notification that my PACKAGE had shipped. Now I was even more upset, as I had no idea what was even in the package. I sent this email to LHC:
Hello,

I just received the tracking information for my order. Since I did not receive a response to my previous email, I assume that I'll be credited via PayPal for the two Indos I will not be receiving? (I did not receive any emails from PayPal informing me that I will be receiving a credit.) As previously stated, I DID NOT want the order if the Indos could not be credited. (I don't just want more ruggies added to my order.)

I would greatly appreciate a response. Thank you in advance!
I still have not received a response, and am very upset and frustrated. I tried emailing LHC informing her that I will do everything in my power to get a refund if I do not hear from her within 24 hours, but I know that PayPal limits disputes to 45 days. I believe that I can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards for help, but I know it will be a long and drawn-out process.

While I WILL take care of any crabs I receive, I don't feel that I should be forced to pay for something that I didn't order, and that I do not want. (I don't want additional Ruggies, or Straws, or Violas.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
10 PP's and 1 Indo:
PP's - Lordy, Lady, Squire, Khaleesi, Ko, Pirate, Scurvy Dog, Hamburg, Berks, and Franklin
Indo - Biscuit

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:03 pm

I'd say if she gives you a hard time about the refund (or doesn't communicate at all) there are enough of us to back you that SOMEONE will surely get you your money back (from PayPal, etc).

As an aside, I would be willing to buy them from you if you find yourself with straws you don't want.

At any rate, this really sucks on her part (she did the same with a lot of people who ordered blues from what I understand) and it isn't fair to the people paying the money OR the crabs honestly. I can only hope enough people will get tired of her & stop giving her their money.....

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:12 pm

You may actually have a legitimate complaint with Paypal even though it is past the 45 day mark. She is pre-selling, and there are extremely strict requirements for being able to do so through Paypal. Going by what has been said in this topic - payments being taken out immediately, no delivery within 20 days of purchase, the fact that she sent Sach money for a refund rather than actually issuing a refund - she's probably not doing what is required by a seller. If so, Paypal should step in to help you out since you're the buyer and you are not required to know these rules.

You can see Paypal's pre-selling guidelines here: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/brc/ ... d-reserves
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:14 pm

Very good points @Wodesorel

Ammolite

Post by Ammolite » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Thank you for the information! I really appreciate it!

I just received an email from LHC (funny how threatening to get my money back got a prompt response), and she is now claiming that she was incorrect about the Indos and will be shipping three to me. I honestly don't know what to think. I have no idea how many crabs I am receiving (more than the initial 6 I ordered, it seems), though I assume I'll be receiving Indos and Ruggies (what I initially ordered). I supposed I'll find out tomorrow or Friday when the crabs arrive. (Also, as a note to other buyers, if LHC emails you to say she's out of Indos I'd verify it before choosing a replacement species.)

All of that being said, she also mentioned that she shipped two months worth of orders today (8/27/14). So, if you ordered in March or April (or possibly April and May), your order shipped today.
10 PP's and 1 Indo:
PP's - Lordy, Lady, Squire, Khaleesi, Ko, Pirate, Scurvy Dog, Hamburg, Berks, and Franklin
Indo - Biscuit

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Wow. It's obviously up to you but this seems shady even for her.

So you'll get 2 shipments of crabs? Is she footing the bill to ship the separate Indos? Funny, she told me she houses all species separately so how do you not know if you are out of stock or not?

Ammolite

Post by Ammolite » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:33 pm

SachOfSCP wrote:Wow. It's obviously up to you but this seems shady even for her.

So you'll get 2 shipments of crabs? Is she footing the bill to ship the separate Indos? Funny, she told me she houses all species separately so how do you not know if you are out of stock or not?
Supposedly I'll receive all of the crabs together in the same order that shipped tonight. Apparently she realized her mistake while packing the crabs? As previously stated, I honestly don't know what's going on with this order, other than the fact that I'm supposed to receive 3 Indos and some number of Ruggies that's greater than/equal to four.
10 PP's and 1 Indo:
Indo - Biscuit

Hermycrabitat21

Post by Hermycrabitat21 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:29 am

I just received my crabs yesterday [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] I originally ordered two blues, two ruggies and one straw. But she emailed me and said she ran out of blues and would like to send me two Viola's and an extra straw instead. I thought it was a good compromise so I agreed. I really wanted my blues but I also love the Viola's. Image

The straws are amazing compared to the last time I ordered them. They are bright red and gorgeous. The ruggies are amazing aswell. Their antennas are bright orange. One of the Viola's are amazingly purple... oooh I am in love. But the other viola is lacking some serious color. Im sort of questioning if it is a viola.fImage

But I bathed them and did not see any mites. They will Bevin ISO for a month and then I will add them to my new 50 gallon main tank. Overall im happy with my order and I do not have many complaints about it. She kept me informed through the process. I was originally suppose to get them a few weeks ago but she said something about her facilities flooding from a storm and the post office aswell and she dod not want the crabs being stuck in a box longer than a night, she wasn't confident they would still get them to me the next day. I was not in a hurry to receive them so I agreed. In all she was nice about it and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt so I think everything just turned out the way it was supposed to.
Started Crabin December 2010, Currently as of 11/2018 I have 12 PP's & 1 E.
Crabs leave pincher prints on our hearts<3

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:08 am

It is true that Long Island flooded and the mail service was slow. The first part of my order was delayed because of that. They are beautiful. I wanted to tell you my LHC violas were very brown and didn't have much color. That was last November. Now they are stunning!
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

AimeeZ21

Post by AimeeZ21 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Ammolite wrote:Thank you for the information! I really appreciate it!

I just received an email from LHC (funny how threatening to get my money back got a prompt response), and she is now claiming that she was incorrect about the Indos and will be shipping three to me. I honestly don't know what to think. I have no idea how many crabs I am receiving (more than the initial 6 I ordered, it seems), though I assume I'll be receiving Indos and Ruggies (what I initially ordered). I supposed I'll find out tomorrow or Friday when the crabs arrive. (Also, as a note to other buyers, if LHC emails you to say she's out of Indos I'd verify it before choosing a replacement species.)

All of that being said, she also mentioned that she shipped two months worth of orders today (8/27/14). So, if you ordered in March or April (or possibly April and May), your order shipped today.
WHAT??? She sent you Indos? She contacted me two weeks ago, said they were in, but asked me to wait until after her vacation to have them shipped. Then, she e-mailed me on Tuesday that she was sorry, but didn't have any more in stock and asked me to pick a different species. I asked for ruggies, instead. I ordered two. The post office didn't get them to me overnight, like they were supposed to, but I got them 2nd day. I was kind of hoping for an extra crab like everyone else gets for their patience, but only got two. They're beautiful. But now I'm angry that she told me she didn't have the Indos!! Pictures of Hermie and Blossom (the kids named them).

ImageImage

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:17 pm

I got my replacement straws and indos today (took 2 days) going to file a complaint with the PO (Long story) bad bad mail service, not LHC fault

If you are in our fb group you know the rest of the ordeal about the crabs, not going to drag it on here as well...