LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

cjmiller

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by cjmiller » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:55 pm

Not a card - through checking account. But yeah I'll definitely check with my bank too and see what can be done, if anything
Christina
8 PP's and 10 E's in a 170gal tank / 3 Straws, 4 Ruggies, 3 Violas in ISO right now after shipment
Also have two dogs, Jax and Bailey, and one cat, Nina

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:02 pm

This is exactly why I don't understand the people who say they still want her to be able to sell exotics; she isn't even selling them! Would any of you wait 6 months to get a product from Amazon or Ebay with no communication?! Like I said before, I know I no longer have a dog in this fight (other than the people on my forum & in my group who have these sad, broken, mite-infested crabs they need help nursing) because I was lucky(?) enough to cancel & get my refund (does she even now have the Aussies? I haven't heard she has) but this is a detriment to the entire crab community in my opinion.
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

cjmiller

Post by cjmiller » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:48 am

I was guilty of being that person - I defended her way more than I should and I actually got irritated by the people who complained because I went into it knowing how she was. But then she ran out of blues - didn't even have the decency to say anything - told people a bunch DIED - you know how many had to die that she thought she could fill all those orders and then couldn't?! Ugh. I got an email from the BBB this morning that they emailed my complaint to her so we shall see if maybe that wakes her up a bit. I doubt it
Christina
8 PP's and 10 E's in a 170gal tank / 3 Straws, 4 Ruggies, 3 Violas in ISO right now after shipment

lefty

Post by lefty » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:11 pm

ya know your right and i am so sorry you are going through this .i would be devastated too. i just see mine and worry they won't have a species buddy. maybe it is for the best ,the blues probably would have lived :( . i just worry, she is my only link.
10 pp.'s ,5 E's, 2Violas, 4 strawshttp://s1330.photobucket.com/user/aliso ... y/library/
i respect all choices, even the ones that are not mine!( that is to remind ME)

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Cjmiller, I'll let you know when these blues molt, many are changing shells and seem like they are getting ready to go down, a few have already went down so I'll kit on them, I know how much you wanted them and how we talked about having them so much. Like I said I've got 7 of them just because, so I am willing to sell you 2 for sure :) I would hope you would of done the same for me anyway. So sorry all this happened :( I'll kit and keep you posted :)

cjmiller

Post by cjmiller » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:48 pm

One of the many reason I love Crabby J ! I probably wouldn't have even posted this here but people need to know how she is if they don't already. Like I said before ....I thought oh she's a pain but you will eventually get your crabs or a refund. .. No big deal. This. .. this is completely. ...I don't even have a word. Well. .. Not a family friendly one anyway
Christina

kuza

Post by kuza » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Blues are so delicate :(

lessthansign3

Post by lessthansign3 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Well. Pre-ordered at the end of May - 3 blues, 2 Aussies, 2 Cavs. She told me it would likely be the end of June the crabs would arrive because she wanted to ship them all together and there were delays with the Aussies. I'm like, okay, fine. I'm busy working all summer and although I keep an eye on my email, I don't pay any attention here or elsewhere about it. I figure there's the usual delays or whatever and I'm in no hurry.

Now it's September and I'm like, where are my crabs? So I come here and lo and behold, looks like I'm not gonna be getting any crabs. At least, certainly not the blues I wanted so badly. Even if I did get them, would they even survive?

I sent her an email, letting her know I'd like a refund. I told her I would sing her praises to you guys if I actually got it. We'll see what comes of it. Pretty disappointing, though.

lessthansign3

Post by lessthansign3 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:55 am

Well, I wasn't expecting to be getting back to you folks so quickly.

She promptly replied, explaining that there had been an email sent to those who had ordered Aussies saying there had been a delay and offering to ship the rest of their order first. She said the blues did very poorly, and she doesn't plan on importing them again because of it. The Aussies are supposed ti be coming this week. She also said that the person who couldn't get a refund was because of problems with Paypal, and she offered me a refund if I supplied her a Paypal address.

I explained that I never received this email about the Aussies, even though I had been watching my email, so I assume I must have been missed. I told her it was okay, and gave her my Paypal address. Now, this morning, I have my exact total in my Paypal account.

So, I must say, once I brought the problem to her attention, she was very prompt and she had no problems issuing a refund. I honestly think this person is trying to do too much on her own, and it is hindering her ability to successfully run her business. It seems like she is trying, but obviously when you are not including all customers in important messages like that, it seems as if she is a little disorganized. Nevertheless, I may order from her again to get more straws and violas, as the ones I got last year are thriving.

cjmiller

Post by cjmiller » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:36 pm

I sure hope she wasn't referring to me as the person who couldn't get a refund dye to paypal - she still has yet to respond at me AT ALL - NOTHING - NOT A WORD. no explanation - nothing. Nor is there any issue with my paypal...It's working just fine
Last edited by cjmiller on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christina

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:52 pm

I too think that she is trying to do too much on her own but that IS her choice and she doesn't seem to have her act together in doing so despite years of doing it.

I frankly don't believe one word she says about the blues or the Aussies (she has been saying "supposed to be next week" since June) but I am very glad you did get your refund.

I'm sure her bit about PayPal was also yet another excuse as I have someone in my Fb group who she told she wasn't giving a refund to (no offer of crabs either) because it was past PayPal's time frame (as if there aren't a dozen other ways she could give the lady her money back) and so when the customer said she would pursue legal action, the response was "go ahead, do it" so THAT wasn't on PayPal either and I know of at least 3 others who she just isn't answering their emails as well.
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

kitkathermiesworld

Post by kitkathermiesworld » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:36 pm

I'm curious why is she the only supplier of exotic crabs? Does anyone know what you would haft to do, to start selling them? Does she have special ties with Indonesia and other places that only she can do it because her business is truly ridicolous. Even if you do eventually get your crabs, the not keeping in contact is a deal breaker especially if you just gave her $100's of dollars. I'm pretty sure no one has money to be going on who knows what while you wait a half of year for your purchase. And if she is the only person running her business and she know its overwhelming why doesn't she just fix that by hiring a part time helper. I bet she can pay someone $7 hr for about 8hrs the whole week to just send emails weekly to everyone and feed the hermies or whatever else she might do.
I haven't order from her but I was soo ready to this month. But after reading this I rather just save the hassle even though I really wanted some ruggies.
Ps. If her crabs come to people in bad shape with mites are they actually better than pet store crabs? At least the ones in the store didnt have mites and you get to actually see what you are getting
8PPs 6 E's in a 75gallon tank
2 Beautiful girls 3 Guinea Pigs
Loveableexotics.com (coming soon) hermies & bearded dragons will be available

Hermycrabitat21

Post by Hermycrabitat21 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:42 pm

I wonder if she is on HCA... and reads this thread. I wonder what she would say about these reviews.
Started Crabin December 2010, Currently as of 11/2018 I have 12 PP's & 1 E.
Crabs leave pincher prints on our hearts<3

mom23

Post by mom23 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:23 pm

cjmiller wrote:I sure hope she wasn't referring to me as the person who couldn't get a refund dye to paypal - she still has yet to respond at me AT ALL - NOTHING - NOT A WORD. no explanation - nothing. Nor is there any issue with my paypal...It's working just fine
I would try emailing her again. I got an email and part of it did state that there was only one issue regarding someone without PayPal.
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

crabbienewb

Post by crabbienewb » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:43 pm

My guess on why she is the only exotic supplier.....well she isn't really. Some stores can get them, who their supplier is, we don't know, but shes the only online supplier.

I would guess there is very little profit in it. She would need to order a certain amount as a minimum order, they show up, who knows how many actually survive the shipment, and then the weeks destressing, and then shipping them out. If that many blues died I think she probably lost money on the blues. And then what if they arrive in bad conditions, to ship them out, or not? if they're missing big claws, or limbs, or are extremely lethargic. It's one thing for a store to do it who is getting their pp's and e's for less than a dollar, ive seen my local store sell them for a dollar, but when you're actually paying a decent amount for the crabs, and like the blues if you were selling them for $20 a piece, you probably aren't going to want to send out a bunch that you are pretty sure will die in shipment, or are injured, streaking, wearing inappropriate things other than shells.

The crabs in the stores can have mites too.

I agree that she is overwhelmed. I honestly don't know what i would do in her position. Putting the crabs health aside, her shipping the crabs out as soon as she gets them would be in HER best interest, and shes not doing that. She is keeping them, she didn't send out a lot of blues, and the first group she seemed to have kept a while. I do think she should reply to people and keep people updated, but there is only so many times you can say "the crabs are destressing and will ship out soon", before you are going to piss people off, I'd say you can do it 2 times before most get annoyed, and the 3rd time everyone is annoyed. So I don't know what options she has. Saying the crabs aren't doing well, no one wants to hear that their $15-$20 a piece crabs aren't doing well.