LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

go_skiboard

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by go_skiboard » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:49 pm

oh my gosh THANK YOU Kitkat!! THIS IS AMAAAAZING, so many different kinds of shells at a fraction of the cost of most other websites/shell stores. WOW WOW WOW :notworthy: :notworthy: thank you!

kitkathermiesworld

Post by kitkathermiesworld » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:25 am

go_skiboard wrote:oh my gosh THANK YOU Kitkat!! THIS IS AMAAAAZING, so many different kinds of shells at a fraction of the cost of most other websites/shell stores. WOW WOW WOW :notworthy: :notworthy: thank you!
No problem :D It's shell shopping time for me now :lol:
8PPs 6 E's in a 75gallon tank
2 Beautiful girls 3 Guinea Pigs
Loveableexotics.com (coming soon) hermies & bearded dragons will be available

Ronni3

Post by Ronni3 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:01 am

Anybody ever experienced delayed package from LHC? This is not LHC fault by the way. My friend's package was shipped on Monday and supposed to arrived to his door yesterday. He called the USPS and they said the package has not arrived to Texas yet! The tracking still say it's in MELVILLE, NY 11747, since Sept 15. He told me that his package was supposed to be shipped last Thursday for Friday deliver, but something happened on LHC end. My friend did not complain though! I'm curious.. is he the only one with this issues? is it the weather in NY? I'm sure he is not the only one tho. Since she mentioned about "large number of orders " on her recent email. My friend is really concern about the crabs. He thinks they might still make it if he can get them today. Anyone knows what to do? Will they survive after 3 days? My friend and I thank you in advance
Last edited by Ronni3 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:32 am

Yes, it does happen, and has already happend at least once this year. If the crabs were in good health to start with (which depending on the species they may not be) and have been kept in a heated storage area they should be okay. Your friend needs to go and see the postmaster at his local post office first thing today - the branch where his mailman reports back to - and tell them about the delayed package and that it contains live animals. He can try calling the post office, but going in person makes a much bigger impact. With luck the postmaster will be able to track it down and get it to you as fast as possible, as the postmasters have special abilities that no one else in the system does. Hopefully this is just the USPS forgetting to update their tracking and the package is in town and ready to be delivered, but if not you don't want to waste more time!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

crabbienewb

Post by crabbienewb » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:54 am

That happened to me as well, sort of

My crabs shipped on a tuesday, her email said it was for THURSDAY deliver. USPS tracking said it would deliver Wednesday. wednesday came and went and no crabs. thursday came and the usps site still said they were in NY but updated the delivery date to FRIDAY. Well, they arrived thursday. so they were in a shipping box for tues,wed, thurs, althought that is still 2 day delivery, which is what the usps website lists as the express shipping from there to here is.

I think it's a glitch type thing in both the tracking not updating, as well as USPS not accuratly listing delivery estimates on express packages. Only a small area can do next day, and am not within her next day shipping area, however i have recieved packages next day from other places when i wasn't within their shipping area. My tracking wasn't updated from the day it shipped until it got delivered, it had stated it was in NY even on the day of delivery.

Ronni3

Post by Ronni3 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:24 am

@ Wodesorel Thank you! I'm pretty sure he will go to the post office first thing in the morning.
@ Crabbienewb I hope that it's glitch like you said and hopefully he will get them today. Thanks for the info!

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:38 pm

SachOfSCP wrote:I doubt anyone has even had any recent LHC crabs long enough yet for them to have completed molts but I'm hearing that some of them are coming in REALLY bad shape :(
I don't know if you mean from the last batch of orders but I have some crabs from last year that have molted at least 5 times, a few of them have doubled in size since December, I also have a med viola molt and a blue molt from this last batch so far.

kitkathermiesworld

Post by kitkathermiesworld » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:27 pm

So I decided to start my own business selling exotics & baby bearded dragons :D :banana: :banana:
since I was able to find a business partner that was willing to invest in my idea (My Sister lol). But everything will take time since I'm trying to do everything the correct way and not rush. I was able to get in contact with a supplier. I am about to start stocking up on everything I need and the tank will be built within a month or 2. Size will be 95"L x 35"W x 45" H (545 gallons)+ a second level + 6 Isolation tanks. I will soon start a thread to keep everyone updated on my progress. I would say everything should be done within 5 months. because I still need to get permits, website & etc. I will make sure these hermit crabs are well taken care of & my customers are always happy :) , but I can use a little help if anyone wants to give any advice I would surely appreciate it such as whats the best lighting I should use, keeping humidity in such a big tank, how big should I make the pools, how much food do you think 500 crabs would need daily
anything would help. :crabbigsmile:
$$$ is not a problem either I want to just make sure everything is correct for them.

go_skiboard

Post by go_skiboard » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:26 pm

YAAAAAAYYYY kitkat!!! I dont' have any advice I just want to say I'm so excited that you're going to set up a shop for exotics!! You may want to reach out to Tammy from Hermit Crab Patch because I know she has a really large enclosure so she may have suggestions for humidity/lighting/heat. :clap:

Amleigh

Post by Amleigh » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:43 pm

Very cool! I may just purchase my first ever exotics once you get up and running. :D
1 husband, 2 sons
4 Es Racer Led Sunny Obsidian aka "Sid"
4 PPs Mercury Shy Bean Leaf

IMS

Post by IMS » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:19 pm

This sounds great! I would also consider buying some exotics! Can't wait!

sofiaee

Post by sofiaee » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:21 pm

That sounds awesome!
15 PP's, 7 E's, 3 Viola's : A Happy Colony of 25

Big Pinch | Art | Illustrations

Ronni3

Post by Ronni3 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:21 am

crabbienewb wrote:That happened to me as well, sort of

My crabs shipped on a tuesday, her email said it was for THURSDAY deliver. USPS tracking said it would deliver Wednesday. wednesday came and went and no crabs. thursday came and the usps site still said they were in NY but updated the delivery date to FRIDAY. Well, they arrived thursday. so they were in a shipping box for tues,wed, thurs, althought that is still 2 day delivery, which is what the usps website lists as the express shipping from there to here is.

I think it's a glitch type thing in both the tracking not updating, as well as USPS not accuratly listing delivery estimates on express packages. Only a small area can do next day, and am not within her next day shipping area, however i have recieved packages next day from other places when i wasn't within their shipping area. My tracking wasn't updated from the day it shipped until it got delivered, it had stated it was in NY even on the day of delivery.
My friend got his crabs today :clap: yay! He ordered 3 Straws and 5 E's. He didn't get any freebie tho :? But I think he is still happy :banana:
Last edited by Ronni3 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ronni3

Post by Ronni3 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:23 am

I would also consider buying from Kitkathermiesworld. :crabbigsmile:

kitkathermiesworld

Post by kitkathermiesworld » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:19 am

Thank you everyone for your support :) I'm soo Excited that I will be able to start this business. Right now I'm in the process of still planning every little detail out. But I will definitely keep my fellow HCA family updated :grouphug:

I did find a company that sells freeze dried sea creatures & insects buy the lb. But I wonder how much freeze dried food should I purchase if I feed them a variety of different items as well. I know hermit crabs eat small portions So I didnt want to buy too much and it goes bad but I also didnt want to run out having soo many crabs that need protein.
This might sound a little silly but is there any mathematical way to figure out how much one hermit crab eats a day so I can multiply that buy 500 and then multiply that buy 30-45 days??