LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

FloridaSun

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by FloridaSun » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Sadly, I think she is probably just ready for this order to be done. No excuse, but I could picture myself in her shoes sitting at my table overwhelmed and just over it. Regardless, if you are going to step out and be a business owner it does come with exhausting situations. She'll have to just put her big girl panties on and deal with it.

On a positive note- the 4 ruggies I rcvd are very healthy and I was very satisfied with them. Rcvd July 10th- all have completed their first molts.
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:05 pm

PrettyNInk87x wrote:I just wanted to warn everybody not to order from her. I'm on a bunch of FB groups and dead crabs from her are showing up left and right from my count at least 15 in the past month :crabcry: . It seems as if she no longer cares about these crabs and only wants the money.

I can't verify this but I heard of a person saying their crab & packaging had maggots & flies :(
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

kitkathermiesworld

Post by kitkathermiesworld » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:12 pm

SachOfSCP wrote:
I can't verify this but I heard of a person saying their crab & packaging had maggots & flies :(
O Wow!!! have most of her crabs come clean or did they always have mites & bugs?
8PPs 6 E's in a 75gallon tank
2 Beautiful girls 3 Guinea Pigs
Loveableexotics.com (coming soon) hermies & bearded dragons will be available

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:54 pm

kitkathermiesworld wrote: O Wow!!! have most of her crabs come clean or did they always have mites & bugs?
From what I have seen over the last 4 1/2 years it can go either way. Every season SOMEONE gets crabs from her that have mites but some people get crabs who don't (from what I understand & have seen they always come with a paper telling you they could have mites & how she suggests you treat them). I know that mites are common on many of the species when they are out in the wild and that it would likely be hard to treat crabs on her kind of scale but I also think that if you are selling crabs for captivity you should make your best effort to be sure they aren't stressed & infested when the people get them too. Two seasons ago, one of my members got straws that had some sort of oily manure-like gunk packed into their shells so much that it took a week of the crabs bathing & the owner changing the pools several times a day to finally get their shells flushed out & clean. The 2 orders I completed with her (one for me & another for a friend) didn't come with mites so I count myself lucky I guess. (2 of the 3 I bought are with me now)
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

Ammolite

Post by Ammolite » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:24 am

For those of you who received crabs from the most recent order AND have had those crabs successfully molt, about how long did it take the crabs to come up? I received my Indos and Ruggies on 8/28. Some of them dug down right away, while others took a while to dig (one of my Indos just dug down two days ago, from what I can tell). That being said, none of my early diggers who went down a day or two after arrival have come back up yet. I've had crabs take 3-4 months to molt before, so I'm not overly worried. I just wanted to know when I should be on the lookout for them to start popping back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 PP's and 1 Indo:
PP's - Lordy, Lady, Squire, Khaleesi, Ko, Pirate, Scurvy Dog, Hamburg, Berks, and Franklin
Indo - Biscuit

mom23

Post by mom23 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Usually after a month I start keeping a closer eye out, but 5 or 6 weeks seems to be more normal for my crew if I had to lump it into a time frame.

I had 2 blues go down around 8/20 and they aren't up yet. One was injured so I expect him to be down longer. The other was fairly big so I'm not worried about him yet either. My other injured blue (no BP) finally managed to dig down 2 days ago. Yay! I was concerned for him, but he slowly dug his way down.
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:29 pm

2 ruggies took about 4 weeks, the other 2 took almost 6 weeks. And they are all the same size.
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

stewartx4

Post by stewartx4 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:19 pm

I just had one ruggie and one straw both very small come up after 4 weeks. The others are all still down.
3 pps, 7 straws, 3 ruggies and 1 e

nanasue

Post by nanasue » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:04 pm

I have a few questions, because my son and I are considering ordering some more crabs for our tat.
Overall, is this a reliable site? What I've read so far seems to go both ways.
Should we wait until spring? Cuz it is starting to get cold in Mi, and I have no idea where she's at.
Do you get to choose the size of crabby you want?
"I tawt I taw a Twabitat."

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:32 pm

I would not suggest it personally..and if end up jumping the gun..I would wait till spring yes, heat packs can/will/do/did fail and you will get ice cold stressed crabs

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:44 pm

UPDATE: Nevermind, I seen a picture they posted and it's a viola......They must of got violas and thought they were blues...

FYI If anyone missed out on Blues from LHC, I've been in contact with Segrest Farms for a few years about blues and they finally got them in. You would have to search for a pet store locally that could special order them for you (You cannot go through Segrest directly) The pet store would determine the price per crab.

To search for a local pet store near you that could special order them click here: http://www.segrestfarms.com/index.cfm?f ... op.locator

I was told they range from $20 & up

Good Luck :)

Topic author
kip.rogers357
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kip.rogers357 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:21 pm

So has anyone received their Aussies or Cavipes?
Those two are the ones I was concerned about...Did anyone here even try to order those?
17 Year Crabber!
27 Hermit Crabs - 1,020gl Crabitat

mom23

Post by mom23 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:30 pm

Aussies no, but cavipes yes.
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

Topic author
kip.rogers357
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kip.rogers357 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:00 pm

mom23 wrote:Aussies no, but cavipes yes.
Any pics? Are they actual Cavipes or (once again) a misidentified Viola?
17 Year Crabber!
27 Hermit Crabs - 1,020gl Crabitat

mom23

Post by mom23 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:26 pm

I haven't taken any yet. Out of 4, 1 passed away & 2 dug down immediately. There is one up. I haven't bothered him too much yet, but I'll try to get a picture of him. They are SO TINY. He doesn't look like a viola to me, but I am far from an expert.