Online Crab Buying?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Ilovehermies74

Online Crab Buying?

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi i have never ordered crabs from online and to be honest im kind of nervous too. Do you think the crabs were in ok conditions/ have there been dead crabs shipped to you? What website do you think i should order from? Thanks :crabbigsmile: :crabbigsmile:
owner of 10 happy hermies! tiny micro, arora small, problem small, romeo small, Juliet small, berry small, mars medium, katniss medium, lucky large, and the big head honcho hugo:) :) RIP shy Check out my youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW91Ko ... s84MrO0zog

Mr. Crabby Pants

Re: Online Crab Buying?

Post by Mr. Crabby Pants » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:39 pm

I have no sites to recommend, but there are a couple of threads on the forum about a few sites that it seems would be best to avoid, including livehermitcrabs.com and exoticlandhermitcrabs.com. It seems like there are several folks who have been charged but never received crabs for one reason or another.

me n my hermikids

Post by me n my hermikids » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:47 pm

I placed an order with livehermitcrabs.com, they charged me, but have been unresponsive. I am filing a claim with paypal(thats who I used to pay) and also with better business Bureau.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:18 pm

At this time of year, no reputable vendor should be shipping crabs. I know some folks here have had good luck with this vendor but you'd really have to wait until spring when the weather warms up: http://www.reptilecity.com

Some of those who have ordered from this vendor will probably chime in but, as others have already mentioned, avoid livehermitcrabs.com at all costs!
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:56 pm

I love reptile city.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above