Favorite Crabby Food Stores?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
pearl29mi

Favorite Crabby Food Stores?

Post by pearl29mi » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:33 pm

We all know hermits love delicious food.

What's your are you favorite hermit crab food stores and what are your favorite products? Which ones did your hermit crabs devour and which ones did they barely touch?
6 Caribbean Hermies~ Liberty|Spike|Freddie|Pinchers|Pip|

Sydthesquid345

Re: Favorite Crabby Food Stores?

Post by Sydthesquid345 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:52 am

Mine LOVE the hermitcrabpatch supplement (worm castings) and they LOVE chicken. The grab a piece and run back to their huts as fast as they can

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:51 am

Mine inhale everything from DeliciouslyCrabby on etsy. I have nearly everything she sells. They love the honey mixes, meatloaf and crawfish the most but they absolutely adore everything else. I used to have picky eaters but not after switching to her for my foods.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:08 pm

I don't buy from crab stores all that much but my crabs loved the moose poop from Alaska Hermit. They always demolish the mineral blend from THCP and the hibiscus coral calcium is liked as well. I mostly feed fresh foods or ones that I've frozen or dried myself.

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Most of their food is homemade but they do like Dall sheep poop, Dungeness crab carapace, raspberry/strawberry/birch/crabapple and fireweed leaves from Alaska Hermit Crab. They also like the variety packs from HugsForHermits (ebay). A staple (and apparently very yummy) is Wardley's Hermit Crab Dried Shrimp -- a canister is under $2 at Walmart and lasts for quite a while.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:33 pm

I splurge on Alaska Hermit when I can, and I grow and sell my own stuff. :lol: She has awesome offerings not available anywhere else. The crab exo (king, snow or dungeness) is always part of my hermit crab first aid kit and the hermits actually eat it as opposed to the cooked stuff you get on human grade crabs. Mine go nuts for her flower offerings as well. I'm always jealous over her pansies because for her they dry perfectly, not the shriveled miniature things I end up with! It's that magical Alaska weather. ;)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:06 pm

I would like to add that my crabs love food from the Hermit Crab Garden so if Wode's store is back up and running, those cookies are everything. My crabs fight over them and drag them off and hide them for later, standing guard over the little hearts and stars. I actually need some more LOL.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Mine of course love food from The Hermit Crab Patch - most of the mixes and the mineral supplement. I've also had good luck with stuff from DeliciouslyCrabby on Etsy. I keep meaning to order from Hermie's Kitchen and Alaska Hermit but haven't yet. I try to give fresh when I can, since raw shrimp, salmon, veggies, etc. always win out over dried, but the dehydrated stuff is nice since I can offer things I can't always find around here.
soilentgringa wrote:I would like to add that my crabs love food from the Hermit Crab Garden so if Wode's store is back up and running, those cookies are everything. My crabs fight over them and drag them off and hide them for later, standing guard over the little hearts and stars. I actually need some more LOL.
Yes!! I'm hoarding those cookies since the crablets love them so much.
Crabbing since July 2014! 75 gallon with 12 Purple Pinchers.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:32 pm

:hearts: I've got a few days left of packing, and I will be clearing out what I have left in the classifieds, I'm hoping by next week. Between the fainting issues and the severe allergies this is probably going to be my last hurrah unless the docs manage to pull something from thin air to help by spring. My husband says it looks like I'm running a drug operation - mask, gloves, glasses, baggy clothes covering all exposed skin, with fans running while I'm stuffy little tiny bags with powdered stuff. :hlol: Getting the space everything has been taking up back will be nice, too. I'm not sure how all these stores manage it! I'm happy to see there are a lot of options though. At the time I started there was HCP and The Addiction. Lots more choices these days. :)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram