Does PetSmart sell Ecuadorians?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
HerperWChickens

Does PetSmart sell Ecuadorians?

Post by HerperWChickens » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:33 pm

I'm a newbie here but I have a 10 gallon all setup. Don't worry I'll be upgrading to my 29 gallon. Anyways, does PS have ecuadorians? I've only looked once and they had PP's.
Answers appreciated :crabbigsmile: !
-Gigi

pearl29mi

Re: Does PetSmart sell Ecuadorians?

Post by pearl29mi » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:49 pm

I have never heard petsmart selling Ecuadorians. I do know at some Petco's they are sold.
6 Caribbean Hermies~ Liberty|Spike|Freddie|Pinchers|Pip|

landlubber

Post by landlubber » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:18 pm

The Petsmarts in my area have Es sometimes. I've also purchased baby violas, cavis and a a baby indo there as well as a ton of ruggies over the years. So their suppliers do mix up species other than PPs in their shipments sometimes. It's worth taking a look if you are near a Petsmart, plus it always gave me an opportunity to advocate.
6 PPs, 4 Straws, 3 Es * 1 Teeny, 6 Smalls, 4 Mediums, 1 large and 1 Jumbo in a 70 gallon
1 Boxer puppy, 1 Yorchie mutt, 1 cat, 1 ball python, 1 boa

Topic author
HerperWChickens

Post by HerperWChickens » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Cool, I think my petsmart only has PPs. But I'll check next time I head out to PS. :)

hermitcrabdc

Post by hermitcrabdc » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:02 pm

I hate to be a spoilsport but Es require a big commitment to keep them out of "trouble."
While Es are a cute and energetic species are you sure you have the room for them? I had very bad experiences with Es and PPs mixed in a 20g tank. They require a lot of digging room so they don't run into molting crabs and eat them. I personally think a 29g is too small for them, I think they shouldn't be kept in anything smaller than a 40g tank due to their activeness.
Crabbing since July 2013!
4 PPs - Chloe, Tani, Kono, McGarrett

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:04 am

Whenever I have underground deaths I always have to wonder if my Es (while friendly above ground) may be eating my other crabs. Paranoia from the forum. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:56 am

hermitcrabdc wrote:I hate to be a spoilsport but Es require a big commitment to keep them out of "trouble."
While Es are a cute and energetic species are you sure you have the room for them? I had very bad experiences with Es and PPs mixed in a 20g tank. They require a lot of digging room so they don't run into molting crabs and eat them. I personally think a 29g is too small for them, I think they shouldn't be kept in anything smaller than a 40g tank due to their activeness.
I had them in a 55 gallon and they still were eating each other! :roll: It really comes down to the personalities of the individual crabs with E's. Some are complete angels, but some are evil.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
HerperWChickens

Post by HerperWChickens » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:24 pm

hermitcrabdc wrote:I hate to be a spoilsport but Es require a big commitment to keep them out of "trouble."
Yeah, was just wondering if they had other species. I'm fine with PPs though ;).

Topic author
HerperWChickens

Post by HerperWChickens » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:29 pm

wodesorel wrote: I had them in a 55 gallon and they still were eating each other! :roll: It really comes down to the personalities of the individual crabs with E's. Some are complete angels, but some are evil.
HAHAHAHA, sorta like my chickens. When you're around they come up to you and sit on your lap, when you're not around they fly on the deck and poo on it :roll: