Online crab purchases

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Orangeguy

Online crab purchases

Post by Orangeguy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:24 am

Ight im having trouble buying hermit crabs online. I have pet stores that carry pp's but im not looking for those im interested in indos and E's can anyone help? I also put a order in for 2x E's in LHC.com and its only been 3 days still pending order.

Crabinski

Re: Online crab purchases

Post by Crabinski » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Sorry to hear that you've placed an order with LHC and am surprised that she's still in business. This one-person operation does not have a good track record so, to be honest, you'll probably never receive the crabs you ordered. If your order is still pending and your credit card has not yet been charged, cancel the order now and save yourself a lot of heartache and aggravation. Just search "LHC" in the forum and you'll see what I mean.

Several crabbers have had great success ordering strawberry crabs from ReptileCity.com but your best bet is going to be via adoption (HCA or craigslist) or checking the mom and pop pet shops in your area to see if they can do a special order for you. Often pet shops that specialize in reptiles have a source for exotic hermit crabs.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

marandashermies

Post by marandashermies » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:21 pm

Orangeguy wrote:Ight im having trouble buying hermit crabs online. I have pet stores that carry pp's but im not looking for those im interested in indos and E's can anyone help? I also put a order in for 2x E's in LHC.com and its only been 3 days still pending order.

like crabinski stated, I would cancel your order. I tried ordering from them last fall and my order never came. I had to wait a few months to get my money back. She doesn't respond to emails, and only did after about my 6th one stating I wanted my money back. She also said she was unable to fulfill any orders. Not sure why her site is still up, but get your money back while you can! Mom and Pop stores are your best bet for exotics. Good luck!
{125g~56g~55g} {30 PPs~ 10 Straws~ 5 Ruggies~ 2 E's~ 4 Viola's~ 2 Cavipes~ 2 Indo's}
2 Handsome Kitties {Rolan & Luka}
http://s628.photobucket.com/user/marand ... t=3&page=1

Topic author
Orangeguy

Post by Orangeguy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:13 am

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:48 am

Orangeguy wrote:http://www.weiku.com/Crustaceans/buy-Hermit-Crabs.html

what about this website?
All of these guys are bulk exporters in Indonesia from whom vendors like LHC get their stock. Most of the ads indicate how many crabs they can supply in a month, 5000 to 20,000.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

jehovahgodislord

Post by jehovahgodislord » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:36 pm

Amazon.com - Search for "Live Hermit Crabs"

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

jehovahgodislord

Post by jehovahgodislord » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:54 pm

I am looking for NEW Crabs, so I tried to purchase from Reptile City with the TWO (2) Crabs costing $9.95 & SHIPPING CHARGES of $29.95 for ground shipping - AHH NO

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Topic author
Orangeguy

Post by Orangeguy » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:39 am

yea amazon only sells pp's and reptile city does mail hermit crabs and I tried it but I ordered a jumbo size and they sent me 2 small ones and they both came in dead and their boxing is really bad almost flat box with no moister and no food its just bad