LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Nnnnnnnn

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by Nnnnnnnn » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:52 pm

parrothead wrote:So I asked for an update... this was her response:

I called my supplier last night. Interesting as he doesn't really speak English lol. He said he should be able to ship Tuesday! Fingers crossed!!! Slight issue... May not have blues to send me. Im pretty peeved about that. But we will see what he comes up with by Tuesday. Maybe you could post for me on the HCA? :)

Then I got a second email that said this:

Thanks. I'm sure the majority of my orders are HCA members. Just want to try to keep everyone in the loop. I am going to be offering a 50% off next order of crabs for anyone who keeps their order as a thank you for their patience in delay of responses and shipment.

Not only is the communication horrible, a professional company WOULD NOT use anything even CLOSE to bad language..

kuza

Post by kuza » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:22 pm

sure they would, just not ones that deal with young people but it's not offensive to me.

Giga

Post by Giga » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Got a email today: :D

Hello. Sorry for the delay. Up until now, all correspondence with my supplier was by email and not getting the answers I wanted. I was able to speak with him by phone late last night. He says he should be able to get a flight for Tuesday. I know this has been a long frustrated wait as I feel the same. 
You said it didn't bite!.........Well..........It didn't bite me.

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:03 pm

patchouliii wrote: No I do not, they went down and never came up :( . And I know it was not me since I have ALL of my original crabs :)
After all I've heard about this seller I'm really glad I canceled my order and got a refund.I probably have a better chance of success with the 3 E's I got at Petco.
Currently the caretaker for:
Six hermies in 37G bow front, and two more in a ten-gallon tank.

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Just sent this as my order contains Blues....

Hi LHC,

I have heard through HCA that you will not be able to offer blues. To me it's unprofessional that communication has gone as far as to inform your customers through HCA members and not personal e-mails with your customers that have open orders.
My order contains Blues. If they are not available, I would like 1 Strawberry and 1 Indo to replace them.
So my modified order should be:
2 SMALL E's
3 SMALL STRAWS
3 SMALL INDOS
I have paid through Paypal twice already. The first time being the original order, the second to add on INDOS.
Please confirm that you have received this e-mail as communication with you has been so very difficult.
We also heard about your 50 OFF your next order. Honestly, after this ordeal, as a business you should apply the discount to the current orders you have as a form of compensation for our extremely long wait without notification. I do not speak on behalf of HCA but a large majority of your customers are members and we believe that this is very bad business.

Ghada
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.
Population: 30% Clypeatus, 25% Brevimanus, 25% Compressus, 20% Violascens.
http://s1265.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... i/library/

Headmistress of a half a dozen +1 breech-ling (human eggs)

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Nate the great wrote: After all I've heard about this seller I'm really glad I canceled my order and got a refund.I probably have a better chance of success with the 3 E's I got at Petco.
You are right. And I wanted to do the same, but I am just dying to get some Indos and Straws :( This really is the last time I will support her business, ever.
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.

kuza

Post by kuza » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:48 pm

I assume this is the reason no one else provides this service. Pet stores can afford to wait while she is at the mercy of her supplier. If she does go out of business, no more straws, no more Indo's no more blues.. period. So as much as this sucks, I think some of you may be taking this a bit personal.

emberfusion

Post by emberfusion » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:01 pm

kuza wrote:So as much as this sucks, I think some of you may be taking this a bit personal.
I don't think so. It is unfortunate for everyone involved how this is all playing out, but I think everyone who has been waiting without a direct response from her as to why it is taking so long has a right to be upset.

Businesses should remain in contact with their customers - especially if there is something wrong with their order, like a delay in shipment. When you spend over $100 on an order and you go months without receiving it or getting a direct response from the seller, I think it is perfectly acceptable to get upset about it.

Regardless, it looks like she's finally going to get her crabs so everything ends up working out for everyone. :)

kuza

Post by kuza » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:16 pm

This isn't your every day business, this is a live animal business with no one else providing the same service, and probably because of what she's going through now. If she had competition, she would need to tighten up shop a bit, but for now, she knows most of the people waiting on their order will wait for them to arrive.

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:25 pm

kuza wrote:This isn't your every day business, this is a live animal business with no one else providing the same service, and probably because of what she's going through now. If she had competition, she would need to tighten up shop a bit, but for now, she knows most of the people waiting on their order will wait for them to arrive.
Sadly, Kuza is right. But, in the end it's going to hurt her business more than her customers.
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:33 pm

I'm so depressed about the blues. I was really excited about them. That was my whole order. I'm not sure if I'd want anything else...*sigh*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Careyenz wrote:I'm so depressed about the blues. I was really excited about them. That was my whole order. I'm not sure if I'd want anything else...*sigh*
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Violas, Indos, Straws ? :D
Last edited by patchouliii on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:16 pm

kuza wrote:This isn't your every day business, this is a live animal business with no one else providing the same service, and probably because of what she's going through now. If she had competition, she would need to tighten up shop a bit, but for now, she knows most of the people waiting on their order will wait for them to arrive.
And you would suggest that she is providing the service? Given the several complaints in this thread plus the past reports of dead crabs I would argue that LHC is one of the many sites not selling the exotic hermit crabs.
Currently the caretaker for:
Six hermies in 37G bow front, and two more in a ten-gallon tank.

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

kuza

Post by kuza » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Nate the great wrote: And you would suggest that she is providing the service? Given the several complaints in this thread plus the past reports of dead crabs I would argue that LHC is one of the many sites not selling the exotic hermit crabs.
A lot of people have been happy with it, this thread has brought out all the complaints so it makes it look worse then it really is. If I had no other way to get straws than LHC, I'd wait months if I had to wait on new shipment. To me it's worth it.

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:48 pm

Just got this...

Hi. We did not intent on telling our customers through the HCA about the blues. We aren't even sure if this is the case. We're waiting and hoping they come in, but again, it's out of our control.

We received your PayPal payments. Thanks!

Thank you,
Live Hermit Crabs

Now, if she told Parrothead to post on HCA, now she is denying it. This is just :lecturef::
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.