LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

SachOfSCP

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by SachOfSCP » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:52 pm

LightFlower wrote:I haven't tried ordering them, but I'm really unsure and weary of the problems she has. I'd order from HCP but they don't have E's either apparently.
HCP is no longer selling crabs; this shipping season was their last & they have already wrapped it up :(
As for LHC, you may not have near the problems ordering Es since most people probably order the harder-to-get species & not the PPs & Es.
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Crabbyj a member on here sometimes sells E's. I ordered two from her, I dont know if she still has them available though.

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Kate87 wrote:Crabbyj a member on here sometimes sells E's. I ordered two from her, I dont know if she still has them available though.
Yes, I have to ship out (3) orders (Hoping for them to come up soon from molts!!) I know you gals are waiting :) I would consider selling them up until August if more people were interested, they are $9/ea and shipping starts at $25 (depending on location, normally only $25 with tracking for USPS Overnight) Just PM and let me know how many and where you are located. They are Small through Small medium and I sell only pre molted crabs :) Next time I do this would be next year since I'm very busy with rescues atm :)

crabbienewb

Post by crabbienewb » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:53 pm

i got my blues this past week, andstraws. All came wearing turbos, only 2 had bad shells (1 hole, and one chipped a section out of the side). 5 have switched to new shells and 1 switched shells to someones old shell.

I'll add some pics when I get the chance, my camera battery is charging. The straws are a really nice color. The blues look good, one is a lil lethargic and kind of ashy. The straws found the salt water right away and went all the way in.

They are eating non stop.

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:32 pm

crabbienewb wrote:i got my blues this past week, andstraws. All came wearing turbos, only 2 had bad shells (1 hole, and one chipped a section out of the side). 5 have switched to new shells and 1 switched shells to someones old shell.

I'll add some pics when I get the chance, my camera battery is charging. The straws are a really nice color. The blues look good, one is a lil lethargic and kind of ashy. The straws found the salt water right away and went all the way in.

They are eating non stop.

What size straws did you order?

crabbienewb

Post by crabbienewb » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:56 pm

SachOfSCP wrote:
What size straws did you order?
medium and large. What about you?

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:13 pm

I ordered larges & she said she can ship them this coming week while I wait for my Aussies :)

LightFlower

Post by LightFlower » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:16 pm

CrabbyJ wrote: Yes, I have to ship out (3) orders (Hoping for them to come up soon from molts!!) I know you gals are waiting :) I would consider selling them up until August if more people were interested, they are $9/ea and shipping starts at $25 (depending on location, normally only $25 with tracking for USPS Overnight) Just PM and let me know how many and where you are located. They are Small through Small medium and I sell only pre molted crabs :) Next time I do this would be next year since I'm very busy with rescues atm :)
Ooh if I'm able to order two smalls I probably will! I'll PM you once I find out if I am able to :)
4 Purple Pinchers: Spiral, Violet, Cinnamon and Swirl

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:42 pm

Has anyone else gotten any more crabs; specifically straws this week? She told me last week she could go ahead & send me my straws this week and I have emailed twice since Friday with no response.

Avery

Post by Avery » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:58 am

SachOfSCP wrote:Has anyone else gotten any more crabs; specifically straws this week? She told me last week she could go ahead & send me my straws this week and I have emailed twice since Friday with no response.
I haven't gotten mine, I did however hear from her on Monday and she said that she wanted to give them another week. I'm guessing next week is when we'll start seeing them. (I hope to see them next week anyways). :)
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken (Oscar Wilde)
Human mom to: Straws, PP's, Indos, Violas, E's, Goldfish, Julii Cory Cat's, dogs, cats & a teenager

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Well, I know she's shipped straws to at least a couple people and after having dangled the Aussies in front of me for months & getting even more money from me yet not communicating with me if I don't hear from her today (meaning they shipped within the week she said they would), I'm asking for an immediate refund on both orders. It's been 4 months and I wouldn't even let a family member hold $200 of my money for months without communicating. It breaks my heart that I won't get my long-awaited Aussies (they have a beautiful tank sitting empty waiting for them) and that I will have to stalk the store here in town if I want more straws, but this has gone beyond ridiculous.

MuseCrazy

Post by MuseCrazy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:49 pm

SachOfSCP wrote:I will have to stalk the store here in town if I want more straws, but this has gone beyond ridiculous.

If you do happen to find them and get extra, I'd be happy to purchase them from you. :)

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:53 pm

I'm sure gonna try since I know my 2 would love more friends but I am hearing now that they haven't had any in a while :(

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:11 am

Well, I went ahead & cancelled my order & asked for a refund. She says she will issue it tomorrow. I went ahead & decided to make the tank I set up for the Aussies an E Only tank instead & moved the 4 that are up over this afternoon. I'm trying to work out getting some straws from Canada actually because I know a lady who can get them at her local pet store. If I can get more, they will go in the 75 with my other 2 straws & I'll move out the other Es as they come up.

kitkathermiesworld

Post by kitkathermiesworld » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:49 am

I was thinking about ordering 8 Ruggies from LHC, if I order now how long does it usually take to receive them? 4-6 weeks? also how are ruggies as hermie pets? I heard they like to climb but are they hard to deal with? And would a 50 gallon be good to house all 8? Thanks
8PPs 6 E's in a 75gallon tank
2 Beautiful girls 3 Guinea Pigs
Loveableexotics.com (coming soon) hermies & bearded dragons will be available