LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Leeko

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by Leeko » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:30 pm

I think I am finally ready to expand my tank with some exotics. The Internet would be the only viable option for me, unfortunately.

How has LHC been lately? Timely and responsive, I hope?

A couple things concern me. Firstly, the straws are listed as "PRE-ORDER ONLY"... yet there is no explanation for what this might mean anywhere. I don't know if this is a new thing, or even relevant. Second, she has said several times that she is no longer carrying blues, yet they are still listed on the site. This makes me think that the pre-order thing might not mean anything. But I really don't know.

I'm going to go ahead and place my order though - and I'm going to write down when the 45-day dispute period ends. Here's hoping I luck out and get some good service. Perhaps it's a bit much but I warned her in the comments box that if I don't hear from her within forty-five days I will ask for my refund from Paypal.

Edit: It says in the confirmation email that shipping will occur approximately two weeks after ordering... but somehow I feel like that might not be the case. Seems more like she's covering her bum.

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Leeko wrote:I think I am finally ready to expand my tank with some exotics. The Internet would be the only viable option for me, unfortunately.

How has LHC been lately? Timely and responsive, I hope?

A couple things concern me. Firstly, the straws are listed as "PRE-ORDER ONLY"... yet there is no explanation for what this might mean anywhere. I don't know if this is a new thing, or even relevant. Second, she has said several times that she is no longer carrying blues, yet they are still listed on the site. This makes me think that the pre-order thing might not mean anything. But I really don't know.

I'm going to go ahead and place my order though - and I'm going to write down when the 45-day dispute period ends. Here's hoping I luck out and get some good service. Perhaps it's a bit much but I warned her in the comments box that if I don't hear from her within forty-five days I will ask for my refund from Paypal.

Edit: It says in the confirmation email that shipping will occur approximately two weeks after ordering... but somehow I feel like that might not be the case. Seems more like she's covering her bum.
My order shipped after 9 days, and all arrived healthy.
Currently the caretaker for:
Six hermies in 37G bow front, and two more in a ten-gallon tank.

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:36 pm

It really is a risk, it seems like it's a hit or miss. You might get amazing service, you might get no service, depends how badly you want exotics I guess :?
We're not asked to do great things, we're asked to do all things with great care.
Rocky's Reptile Rescue: https://www.facebook.com/RockysReptileRescue
Stop the demand. End the trade.

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:38 pm

last week I placed a 'pre-order' for small Straws. Naturally I was reluctant at first because of what happened last year, but she's since made that right as far as I am concerned because I did get my Rug/Viola order half off as a result :D I have asked her about the Blues and am told she won't be getting them but also wonder why they are still listed.

Striker0086

Post by Striker0086 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:27 pm

So you ordered now, but she says on the site she may get them in the beginning of August..... Did that not happen last year? :?

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Striker0086 wrote:So you ordered now, but she says on the site she may get them in the beginning of August..... Did that not happen last year? :?
Yes, but my point was, she made good on it. I'm not saying what she did was ok, but she righted it. I got my order plus a refund on the crabs she didn't receive plus a half off discount this summer with an added free crab :-D She's clearly not pulling a scam because she righted the wrong. I believe she would do the same for anyone else. Not to mention she's my only option for exotics so I'm at her mercy. Last years order went WAY over the 45 day refund mark with Paypal, if she wanted to scam me, she could have have kept my $150 and I would have had no way to peruse her. She didn't.

Leeko

Post by Leeko » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:43 pm

parrothead wrote:last week I placed a 'pre-order' for small Straws.
Do you have any idea what that actually means? :? If it's a pre-order I'd like an idea of when she's getting them...

If I don't hear anything after a couple weeks I might just cancel my order, re-order with no straws, and get my straws from that other size that sells them.

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:40 pm

The link says pre-order for 8-1. I assume that means the first of August. You can email her through her link and ask her. More importantly if you want exotics, that's the only supplier. My issue is no one around me carries Straws and I want smalls, seems the smalls won't be in until 8-1

Leeko

Post by Leeko » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:08 am

parrothead wrote:The link says pre-order for 8-1.
D'oh. I didn't even see that. I sure feel dumb now. :oops:

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:12 pm

No worries ;-) I wasn't sure if you saw it.

auntmaggierocks

Post by auntmaggierocks » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:23 pm

How long does it take to reply to an email? I ordered on July 4th, and emailed on July 9th asking when to expect shipment so I could make sure I was home. Still, no reply? Come on.
Maggie
Blogger, Awesome Aunt, Devoted Momma to a house full of critters!
Aunt Maggie Rocks
Visit my website! http://www.auntmaggierocks.com

Leeko

Post by Leeko » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:39 pm

Read through the rest of this thread... your answer lies somewhere in there. Some people never got email responses until it was "Hey your crabs are arriving tomorrow hope you're ready." Everyone eventually got what they paid for, but she seems to arbitrarily pick and choose who she gives any attention to.

auntmaggierocks

Post by auntmaggierocks » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Thanks! I've read the entire thread and gathered the same conclusion. It's definitely not a good business practice. I would hope they would get wind of this thread and step up their game.

I sure hope my new babies come next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maggie
Blogger, Awesome Aunt, Devoted Momma to a house full of critters!
Aunt Maggie Rocks
Visit my website! http://www.auntmaggierocks.com

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:10 am

auntmaggierocks wrote:Thanks! I've read the entire thread and gathered the same conclusion. It's definitely not a good business practice. I would hope they would get wind of this thread and step up their game.
She's a member on HCA and secretly checks this thread often. It's always bothered me to be quite honest that she doesn't address our concerns knowing she's very well aware of them.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:05 pm

parrothead wrote: She's a member on HCA and secretly checks this thread often. It's always bothered me to be quite honest that she doesn't address our concerns knowing she's very well aware of them.
It's actually been over a year since the LHC account has logged on (again, this is info any member can see by checking another member's profile). However this subforum is now available to non-members so anyone can read it without being logged in.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram