LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Bonnie

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by Bonnie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:44 pm

I just bought two packs of shells from her site... I'm really hoping I don't face the same waiting game with something as simple as shells.

I also feel bad for all of you who haven't gotten orders and have had problems. :/
Housing two PP crabs - Kermit & Lily

Leeko

Post by Leeko » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:12 am

I don't know if she sent this to everyone who ordered straws or just me, but I just got a response.
Please note... Pre-order is stock that is expected to arrive approx the 2nd week of August.

Thank you,
LiveHermitCrabs.com
Short, uninformative, but more or less what I was looking for. Now I wonder whether that means they will arrive at my house in the second week of august, or be in stock at her location then (which might mean I won't get my crabs for a week or two after that)... I'm just glad she took the time to write, even if it was a single sentence. :roll:

kuza

Post by kuza » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:47 am

That means she expects to receive them herself around that time, I believe.

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:47 am

She also lets them destress for a week or two to make sure they are mite treated and less stressed before sending them out again. I think we should just all realize this happens this time of year due to her supplier. Same situation as last year. We all need to remember for next year. Please read through entire thread to get all the back story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

Leeko

Post by Leeko » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:37 am

Hence why I said I might end up having to wait even longer. Although, maybe they arrive at her location on 8/1 (as the website says) and the two weeks of de-stressing is why they are expected to arrive in the second week of August (like the email says). Who knows!

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:05 am

Getting more and more nervous as the two week mark comes closer and closer. I ordered the 11th, no response when i asked for a smaller size, no response as for the shipment date. Ahh.

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:02 am

Okay, now I'm frustrated. After I ordered the Indos, she changed it to "Pre-Orders Only". If I had known, I would NOT have payed two $38 shipment fees in order to get the Indos and Straws in at different times. AUGH. Not happy.

EDIT: First the shipment will get here on the first. Olay, cool. Then the week of the fifth. Still okay. Then the end of august. I feel like she, herself, doesn't even know when.

kittyluvcrabby2113

Post by kittyluvcrabby2113 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:51 am

I've been searching her websites for months to purchase an Blueberry crab and it always say unavailable. Do she still sell them??
I cant even pre order them :( ... Or is there only certain months when she have them in stock??
Yours Truly Kitty / Mother of 2 Beautiful Girls & Crab Mommy To 10 PURPLE PINCHERS ******* Minnie & Mickey, Tiny tot, BIG Homie, Woody, Fresh, Pacc, Ray, Creeper, & Grip ****
RIP_ Handy & Star mommy will always miss you :(
********* Yaaay I just Got Engaged 07/25/2013

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:58 am

I'm pretty sure this is the third year in a row they've been unavailable.

kittyluvcrabby2113

Post by kittyluvcrabby2113 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:15 am

Amethyst wrote:I'm pretty sure this is the third year in a row they've been unavailable.

Oh Wow... thanks for telling me, even though that's sucks I really wanted some and cant find none anywhere else. :(
Yours Truly Kitty / Mother of 2 Beautiful Girls & Crab Mommy To 10 PURPLE PINCHERS ******* Minnie & Mickey, Tiny tot, BIG Homie, Woody, Fresh, Pacc, Ray, Creeper, & Grip ****
RIP_ Handy & Star mommy will always miss you :(
********* Yaaay I just Got Engaged 07/25/2013

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:25 am

kittyluvcrabby2113 wrote:I've been searching her websites for months to purchase an Blueberry crab and it always say unavailable. Do she still sell them??
I cant even pre order them :( ... Or is there only certain months when she have them in stock??
Her supplier doesn't export them anymore. I've been looking nationwide for two years and every avenue seems to be a dead end.

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:52 am

parrothead wrote: Her supplier doesn't export them anymore. I've been looking nationwide for two years and every avenue seems to be a dead end.
However, I've heard of reptile conventions having them.

Gosh, I hope history doesn't repeat itself this year. The "approximate arival" is now almost a month after when it originally was. I'm almost sure I wouldn't have ordered them if they would have properly been labled as a pre-order two weeks ago.

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:01 pm

On the bright side, she appears to be much better with communication this year. C:

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:07 pm

Amethyst wrote:However, I've heard of reptile conventions having them.
I've had a couple of adoptions come through the HCA e-mail where they claimed to have straws or blues as that's what they were told when they bought the crabs, but once I saw photos they turned out to be Purple Pinchers. There are sellers and companies out there that are either flat out lying, or that don't know the difference, so please be cautious if traveling a distance to get to a reptile show or a kiosk/shop that claims to have them.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

lefty

Post by lefty » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:38 pm

i want to say i am so glad that lhc is available. i have ordered 2 times and could not be happier. my expectations were so low due to some replies i almost did not order. in the end i did and said " i dont care how long it takes, IT IS A LIVE ANIMAL!" i can not put in words how much of a mistake that would have been(not ordering). so for someone like me out there ...judge for yourself. my personal review was great!
10 pp.'s ,5 E's, 2Violas, 4 strawshttp://s1330.photobucket.com/user/aliso ... y/library/
i respect all choices, even the ones that are not mine!( that is to remind ME)