LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Careyenz

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by Careyenz » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:41 pm

Mattygun wrote:Unreal. Never ordered from her. I have been considering getting some straws from her next summer but, man, it seems she is so poor with customer service....
The key is to order early in the season. I would order in march/April to get the best chance of receiving your orders in a timely manner. Once you get into summer, you run into conflicts with the distributor's religious holidays. Honestly, I've never had "bad" service from her, just slow service. When I ordered early, I've had no problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

HermitCrabCrazy

Post by HermitCrabCrazy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:54 pm

How did you cancel? I'm having the same issue with her.

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:36 am

But like I said she will respond, she gets so many emails from people that want to buy or that have bought crabs it's probably really ridiculous, plus we are all asking the same questions..lol I think I would loose my mind running that site so I give her props!

I asked to add a Ruggie to my order and she replied right away and I sent your the money, she has answered all my questions, If I hear anything else about the pre-orders I'll post it here. I'm still waiting on blues from another supplier! :)
Last edited by CrabbyJ on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bonnie

Post by Bonnie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:43 am

I ordered shells from her in July... They JUST sent yesterday. The good thing is that she gave me extras since of the delay... She had lost my order and just recently discovered it.
Housing two PP crabs - Kermit & Lily

LittleCrabby12712

Post by LittleCrabby12712 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Does anyone know when she will be shipping the crabs then!?!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Proud owner of 6 PPs and the new addition of 2 E's!

cjmiller

Post by cjmiller » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Here is the recent update from her site.

****HERMIT CRAB PRE-ORDERS****

We apologize for the delay and understand our customers frustration. Our supplier has delayed our shipment a few times due to holidays in his country and collection of fresh stock. We are told the crabs have been collected and will be ready to ship to us October 1st or 2nd. While this is frustrating to us because our customers have been waiting, we are happy to be receiving freshly picked crabs as we know they haven't been sitting in a warehouse and are coming healthy from the wild. We will be shipping extra crabs at no additional cost as a thank you to our customers who ordered prior to SEPT 20th, for being as patient as possible.

PLEASE NOTE, CRABS WILL ALSO NEED TIME TO DESTRESS BEFORE SHIPPING. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAY.

WE RECOMMEND READING THE GUARANTEE SECTION WHICH INCLUDES THE LIVE GUARANTEE INFORMATION, POSSIBILITY OF MITES AND OUR PAYMENT PROCESSING INFORMATION.

PLEASE BE SURE TO CHOOSE EXPRESS SHIPPING. CHOOSING GROUND SHIPPING ON LIVE ORDERS WILL VOID THE GUARANTEE.
Christina
8 PP's and 10 E's in a 170gal tank / 3 Straws, 4 Ruggies, 3 Violas in ISO right now after shipment
Also have two dogs, Jax and Bailey, and one cat, Nina

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:18 am

Yay, finally got a reply about sizing down, and she didn't think twice when I asked to take her up on the offer for a couple free ones and add two small violas. :D

So now my order is:

-One Small Straw
-One large Straw
-One Small Indo
-One Medium Indo
-Two small Violas

Woop!

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:51 am

****HERMIT CRAB PRE-ORDERS.. SHIPMENT ARRIVING TO OUR FACILITY OCTOBER 4TH****

Leeko

Post by Leeko » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:47 am

Mhhh... it's getting cold here at night... I'm gonna have to skip school to be there for pickup. I thought ordering in June was early enough. :?

Thanks for posting updates, I've not received any emails from her.

Ammolite

Post by Ammolite » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Leeko wrote:Mhhh... it's getting cold here at night... I'm gonna have to skip school to be there for pickup. I thought ordering in June was early enough. :?

Thanks for posting updates, I've not received any emails from her.
If you're worried about the weather, you can email LCH and let her know that you need her to ship with heating packs. (I've already done this, and she was very prompt in responding to assure me that she ships across the U.S. throughout the winter with insulated boxes and heating packs.)

The updates on the crabs' arrival are all posted on the LHC website. It seems like it's best to check the site once a week, especially with arrival in the U.S. approaching. I assume she posts on the website as it's easier than emailing each customer directly.
10 PP's and 1 Indo:
PP's - Lordy, Lady, Squire, Khaleesi, Ko, Pirate, Scurvy Dog, Hamburg, Berks, and Franklin
Indo - Biscuit

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Heat packs can fail randomly. The HCA actually supports a no-shipping policy during winter months because of this, and it's one of the reasons why the Hermit Crab Patch only sells hermit crabs for half the year: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13119

That said, failure and issues with the heat packs are rare. I can only remember a handful of times it's happened to members when ordering from places like LHC and the old Hermit Crab Vendor, and the crabs had frozen during transport. (It may not have even been LHC, but the topics are long gone now.) I believe last year there were actually crabs who were too hot during shipping from the heat packs and had issues, too. Shipping is always a risk anytime the weather isn't perfect, and although it is a small risk, it's one that ends in crabs dying if there are issues.

So for anyone who is waiting on or will be ordering hermit crabs, it is very important to be there when the package arrives and unpack them promptly!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

kuza

Post by kuza » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Also, frozen crabs can be in a catatonic state but if you put them in luke warm water they can come back to life. I`m sure a few crabs have been thrown out that were still alive :(

Leeko

Post by Leeko » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:14 am

I didn't want to have to deal with this during school at all. I thought ordering during June would be early enough into the season to not get stuck waiting for months.

Does she usually send out emails with arrival dates when she ships?

LittleCrabby12712

Post by LittleCrabby12712 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:40 pm

The weather changing as rapidly as it it, we canceled our order. We weren't prepared enough for them anyway. I'm bummed, but its for the best.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Proud owner of 6 PPs and the new addition of 2 E's!

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:46 pm

Leeko wrote:I didn't want to have to deal with this during school at all. I thought ordering during June would be early enough into the season to not get stuck waiting for months.

Does she usually send out emails with arrival dates when she ships?
You will get a shipping email.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.