LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Leeko

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by Leeko » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:45 am

Kgoleb wrote:Have the people who ordered waaaayyy back in June seen their crabbies come in yet?
Nope. Still waiting. :?

amanojakumo

Post by amanojakumo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Wow does this kind of waiting time frame apply to non exotic crabs? I ordered some halloween crabs about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything or received any updates. My local weather is just getting cooler while I wait.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:48 pm

It's cold here too! Upper 50's-60 is the high now. Brrr...
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm getting nervous about the weather 2
Last edited by CrabbyJ on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:29 pm

I know she keeps them a while so they can de-stress & I believe she treats them for mites (best she can) etc. Then she starts shipping in the order they (the orders) were received. I asked her about the weather getting colder and she assured me the crabs are shipped appropriately and it shouldn't be a problem. I'm new at all this...so just relaying what I've been told. There are probably people out there with way more experience than me.
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

Ammolite

Post by Ammolite » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:51 pm

CrabbyJ wrote:I'm getting nervous about the weather as well, it's supposed to be in the 40's next week, which means it will only get colder as the weeks go on..I'm just curious to know when she will start shipping?? Today has been 2 weeks since she got them
From what she told me in previous emails, she keeps the crabs at least 2 weeks to destress. This cuts down on PPS, and helps make shipping to their new homes less stressful on the crabs. Remember - These crabs were collected from wild habitats, and then shipped halfway around the world. I'd rather receive my crabs later than expected, but in good health, than to receive stressed and sickly crabs. The longer the crabs are at her facility, the longer any mite treatments have to work and the more acclimatized the crabs become to captive conditions.

For those who ordered in August or later, you'll probably be receiving your crabs close to or in November. She does ship with heat-packs and in insulated containers, but as has been mentioned previously there are risks to this type of shipping. (I've received reptiles shipped this way with no issues, but everyone has their own comfort levels with heat-pack shipping.) If you're uncomfortable with this, I'd recommend canceling your order and re-ordering in March or April.
10 PP's and 1 Indo:
PP's - Lordy, Lady, Squire, Khaleesi, Ko, Pirate, Scurvy Dog, Hamburg, Berks, and Franklin
Indo - Biscuit

Kgoleb

Post by Kgoleb » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Thanks Ammolite feeling somewhat at ease now knowing she insulates them well

Leeko

Post by Leeko » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Welp, it's been two-and-a-half weeks and I am getting antsy. After the nth time waking up and checking both my email accounts (the one attached to my paypal and the one I actually use), this thread, and the LHC hermit crab page wondering if today is the day I find out (for real!) when my crabs are arriving, I've decided to email her myself. Fingers crossed.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:12 pm

It's only been a little over 2 weeks and she said she would keep them at least 2 weeks before she started shipping and then they'll ship out in order of when the orders were received...hope that makes you feel better.

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:28 pm

"WE DO NOT OFFER A LIVE GUARANTEE DURING THE WINTER MONTHS OF NOVEMBER 1ST THROUGH MARCH 31ST"

n/m she is honoring live shipments for pre orders :)
Last edited by CrabbyJ on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:35 pm

CrabbyJ wrote:"WE DO NOT OFFER A LIVE GUARANTEE DURING THE WINTER MONTHS OF NOVEMBER 1ST THROUGH MARCH 31ST"

So?? :dunno:
If she doesn't offer a live gatuntee on my order from July 11th because shipment dates were wrong on her end, I'm going to be seriously irked.

Leeko

Post by Leeko » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:58 pm

Amethyst wrote: If she doesn't offer a live gatuntee on my order from July 11th because shipment dates were wrong on her end, I'm going to be seriously irked.
Yeah, no kidding.
mom23 wrote:It's only been a little over 2 weeks and she said she would keep them at least 2 weeks before she started shipping and then they'll ship out in order of when the orders were received...hope that makes you feel better.
This is precisely why I sent an email - it's been almost three weeks since she's received them. I have told her in multiple emails that I need to set up a ship date before-hand and the fact that I have not yet been contacted makes me anxious. I don't want to have to choose between passing my classes and letting a box full of animals die on my doorstep or in a pile of packages in a UPS warehouse. It's been cold and rainy here for a couple of weeks.

Perhaps there are many orders backed up from before when I ordered on July 5. I'm not sure. Either way, she really ought to be contacting her customers, many of which have been waiting for months. But this is par for the course when ordering from LHC. At least this thread is here to keep me sane! :lol:

mom23

Post by mom23 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:35 pm

If you find out anything let me know! It's freezing here in MO now. I asked her in an email about it turning cold and she said she'd never had any problem shipping in cold months. But I didn't ask about the guarantee because I thought surely they'd ship out in October. I'll email her too & post if I here anything.

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:06 pm

:crabbigsmile: What did everyone order? :)
Last edited by CrabbyJ on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amanojakumo

Post by amanojakumo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:05 pm

It's been 2 weeks since I placed my order for halloween crabs. I asked for a status update a couple days ago, but haven't heard anything. Not very encouraging.