LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

mom23

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by mom23 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:14 pm

I don't know about last summer. My orders were Nov & Dec. I ordered the first of August and waited 3 months to get them. She would have refunded my money, but I didn't want her to. It was a chance to go outside the time frame of a refund through PayPal, but I REALLY wanted the crabs. It all worked out. Waiting was tough (I was worse than the kids :)), but worth it in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:30 pm

SachOfSCP wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa! People ordered blues, etc, never got them AND never got their money back? Are they first priority now or did they just get (excuse the expression) screwed out of their money completely? Did they pay with PayPal?
Sach, everyone got their orders or got refunded. No one got scammed. Everyone received what they ordered although some people had to wait 4 months for the crabs.

And I've deleted my other posts. I'm being a crabby little whatsit tonight. Just ignore what I've said.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

mom23

Post by mom23 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:51 pm

You're not crabby! At least in a bad way.

It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:34 pm

When I was informed that the blues I ordered were not coming in, I was given the option of refund or substitute. She also promised my next order at half off if I chose the substitution. I took her up on the offer. It was very disappointing waiting as long as I did for information regarding the order, but I can't blast her for not keeping her word on the subs and discounts. This is old news though. Like I said before, we'll see what happens with the new order!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:39 am

Just ordered a 6pk of Blues! :D

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:45 am

kuza wrote:I suspect a lot of people getting blues and Aussies :)

I ordered a 6 pack of blues, I have no room for the others, so excited! will be worth the wait

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:55 am

mom23 wrote:I don't know about last summer. My orders were Nov & Dec. I ordered the first of August and waited 3 months to get them. She would have refunded my money, but I didn't want her to. It was a chance to go outside the time frame of a refund through PayPal, but I REALLY wanted the crabs. It all worked out. Waiting was tough (I was worse than the kids :)), but worth it in the end.

So far she has been good to me and with what happened with half my crabs she will replace them, the others are doing pretty good, did not lose them all like some people were telling me when I first got them which is a plus, the mite treatment was a pain in the arse but at least it worked. I'll do this once more to get blues (which I hope will happen) I paid through my bank and paid through paypal last year and never had to "re order" like others are saying. I don't mind waiting this time now that I have an idea of how long it can take. Just remember when you order crabs online there are risks, and you must have patience! I've been searching for blues since I started crabbing so this is good news to hear. I don't have room for the other species, not really interested in them since I already own 6 species already. It will be nice to have another straw and indo for the lone one's :D After this I'm done, I'll continue rescue and adopting crabs in need.

EdisNiksic

Post by EdisNiksic » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:17 am

Any good discounts or coupons. And also, the 6 pack of blues has been bumped up, I guess she figured it out.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
Pyre Shep Nina,GSD Balotelli,30 Purple Pinchers,1 Red Foot Tortoise,1 Russian Tortoise,7 Rabbits,4 Ruggies,3 Indos,3 Strawberries,16 Aussies,1 Reeves Turtle,one 20 gal Mollie Tank,two 5 gal nano freshwater planted tanks with Bettas,one 29 Gal Freshwater Tank,2 Guppy/Mystery Snail breeder tanks

EdisNiksic

Post by EdisNiksic » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:49 am

I just made an order for 4 violas, 4 indos, 4 ruggies, 4 aussies, 4 strawberries, and 4 blueberries. All smalls. Cost me $453.76 but it is so worth it. Now to work for a month just to pay that off lol.

Pyre Shep Nina,GSD Balotelli,30 Purple Pinchers,1 Red Foot Tortoise,1 Russian Tortoise,7 Rabbits,4 Ruggies,3 Indos,3 Strawberries,16 Aussies,1 Reeves Turtle,one 20 gal Mollie Tank,two 5 gal nano freshwater planted tanks with Bettas,one 29 Gal Freshwater Tank,2 Guppy/Mystery Snail breeder tanks

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:04 pm

EdisNiksic wrote:I just made an order for 4 violas, 4 indos, 4 ruggies, 4 aussies, 4 strawberries, and 4 blueberries. All smalls. Cost me $453.76 but it is so worth it. Now to work for a month just to pay that off lol.

Are you planning on housing them all together?
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

EdisNiksic

Post by EdisNiksic » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:06 pm

Yeah. In a 450 gallon tank.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:09 pm

I made a huge order too. So worth it!

Careyenz

LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by Careyenz » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:41 pm

Hey, guys!
We got a little off topic on a DIY thread regarding reviews of LHC when we started debating the care of exotics, especially Aussies. I moved the last part of the thread to a new thread in Crabitat conditions.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=98332
Please feel free to carry on the conversation, but let's keep this very busy thread on subject. Thanks so much! :)
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

hermitcrab101

Post by hermitcrab101 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:52 am

I'm sorry if this gets off topic but I'm just curios of if these are real cavipes they're selling, I've seen lots of exporter adds for them, but I thought they'd just be violas. Is anyone sure they're real cavipes?

wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:23 pm

I'll be curious to see myself. :) I hope she adds a photo when she gets them in, and people post photos if they're brave enough to order them without really knowing.
Crabby since May 2009
Hermit Crab Food Store: http://alaskahermit.com/
Pets: crabs, cats, lizards, flesh eating beetles, isopods, betta fish