LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

jillybeans

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by jillybeans » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Not yet, in fact I realized I had chosen ground shipping by accident and requested to change it & never heard back. So, I kind of have foot in mouth now about defending them lol. I just hope I hear back before they're are sent so I can change that for the crabs sake.

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:51 pm

jkd87 wrote:Not yet, in fact I realized I had chosen ground shipping by accident and requested to change it & never heard back. So, I kind of have foot in mouth now about defending them lol. I just hope I hear back before they're are sent so I can change that for the crabs sake.
They won't ship the crabs that way (I think depending on wherein the menu you are you only have that choice despite it not actually being one), so at the least you will hear from her on the difference in pricing before she ships them.

I am honestly ready to cancel the Aussies from my order & just get my straws. Has anyone who DIDN'T order Aussies gotten their order yet?
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Straws are the only thing I can get in NJ besides pp. I should just get a bunch next time I go & save a few for people who want them on here. Unfortunately they don't give the option of size. I got two very beautiful & healthy jumbos.

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:48 pm

No one that I know of has gotten any word or crab...
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:50 am

I heard from her! I told her I'd post on the forum because we all want to know.

Short version~something to do with documents/clearance/paperwork taking longer (on THEIR part) with fish & wildlife on Indonesian order. A second order from Indonesia was delayed due to storms in the seas there. Also waiting for clearance with fish & wildlife for clearance on import of Aussies. They are collected and ready to be shipped to her as far as she knows. As long as no further special paperwork is needed it should be a go.

I think she is as frustrated as we are and she has her hands tied with red tape. I don't know what all is required on the import/export of live creatures, but I assume it's not simple and it may be a bit of a waiting game. I don't think she has a lot of say in the matter and has to roll with the punches with suppliers from other countries and the red tape etc. That of course is my opinion.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:42 pm

So in theory, this means we are still looking at a minimum of 3 weeks on ANY order (a week for shipping, 2 weeks' destressing), regardless of species I am guessing. Not to sound TOO bitter but it sure hasn't stopped her from taking orders in the meantime.
I'm just wondering how all this will go (regardless of whose "fault" it is) when we're looking at early July (minimum) before the orders from January start shipping; people who have ordered recently won't get their crabs till Christmas :(
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

mom23

LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by mom23 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:58 pm

Could be??? She didn't specify any timeline for shipping. I *think* one Indonesian order is in but she is awaiting a second. I ordered Aussies so regardless I'm on the wait list since they'll ship together. I have no idea how it'll turn out. Couldn't even begin to guess. I think once they're in everyone will get theirs. Those of us that ordered early will just have the longest wait.

It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

Hermycrabitat21

Post by Hermycrabitat21 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:43 pm

mom23 wrote:I heard from her! I told her I'd post on the forum because we all want to know.

Short version~something to do with documents/clearance/paperwork taking longer (on THEIR part) with fish & wildlife on Indonesian order. A second order from Indonesia was delayed due to storms in the seas there. Also waiting for clearance with fish & wildlife for clearance on import of Aussies. They are collected and ready to be shipped to her as far as she knows. As long as no further special paperwork is needed it should be a go.

I think she is as frustrated as we are and she has her hands tied with red tape. I don't know what all is required on the import/export of live creatures, but I assume it's not simple and it may be a bit of a waiting game. I don't think she has a lot of say in the matter and has to roll with the punches with suppliers from other countries and the red tape etc. That of course is my opinion.

yay you heard from her :D its not the news we were hoping for but its something.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Started Crabin December 2010, Currently as of 11/2018 I have 12 PP's & 1 E.
Crabs leave pincher prints on our hearts<3

Hermycrabitat21

Post by Hermycrabitat21 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:44 pm

jkd87 wrote:Straws are the only thing I can get in NJ besides pp. I should just get a bunch next time I go & save a few for people who want them on here. Unfortunately they don't give the option of size. I got two very beautiful & healthy jumbos.
did you say new Jersey? where in Nj have you found straws?

Started Crabin December 2010, Currently as of 11/2018 I have 12 PP's & 1 E.
Crabs leave pincher prints on our hearts<3

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:03 pm

Hermycrabitat21 wrote: did you say new Jersey? where in Nj have you found straws?

Brookdale Pet Center in Bloomfield NJ. It took a couple days for the guy to get them in, it was awesome!
http://www.brookdalepetcenter.com

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:21 pm

mom23 wrote:I heard from her! I told her I'd post on the forum because we all want to know.

Where do the Ruggs come from? I've heard both Australia and Indonesia... I just keep my fingers crossed. I wish there were a way to find ruggies in Florida. I found a entire tank of teenie E's in Daytona but I'm nervous about their personalities and am really looking forward to some sweet ruggies.
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

mom23

Post by mom23 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:26 pm

Indonesia

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:33 pm

Thank you...
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:37 pm

FloridaSun wrote: Where do the Ruggs come from? I've heard both Australia and Indonesia... I just keep my fingers crossed. I wish there were a way to find ruggies in Florida. I found a entire tank of teenie E's in Daytona but I'm nervous about their personalities and am really looking forward to some sweet ruggies.

From Japan in the North to just above the Australian territory (islands) in the South, all throughout Indonesia and even into the South China Sea (Taiwan). The real question is where are the suppliers at that are collecting and making them available. That information isn't readily available.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:43 pm

So by what you posted it could be another month+ it's looking like for either species?
Last edited by CrabbyJ on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.