LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

FloridaSun

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by FloridaSun » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Negative, but I did not expect one from people's past experience anyway.
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:21 am

Any updates? I haven't heard a peep. I'm so glad I just decided to order the blues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:21 pm

Careyenz wrote:Any updates? I haven't heard a peep. I'm so glad I just decided to order the blues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nope I have not heard anything, congrats!

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:16 am

Has anyone ever added on to their order? Is she usually willing to do this?

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:45 pm

jkd87 wrote:Has anyone ever added on to their order? Is she usually willing to do this?

Yes she will do this, I added to my order last year and she just sent a paypal invoice or you send her the money to her paypal :)

mom23

Post by mom23 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:39 pm

I add/change my order almost every time :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:30 pm

sweet, I was going to hold off on violas for a bit, but I dont think I can do this waiting business again lol

lefty

Post by lefty » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:32 pm

i was a bundle of nerves too .i even went down to the post office and talked to them , then took cake :lol: as a thank you ,they were great about it. i think the funny part is if you'r on the business end it 's like 14 bucks , how bout all the special requests for 2 dollar shells , what a bunch we are
10 pp.'s ,5 E's, 2Violas, 4 strawshttp://s1330.photobucket.com/user/aliso ... y/library/
i respect all choices, even the ones that are not mine!( that is to remind ME)

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:40 pm

I could almost deal if there were legit updates, but this no communication & waiting is for the birds

mom23

LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by mom23 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:43 pm

I'll send her an email again and see if I get a reply.
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:51 pm

jkd87 wrote:I could almost deal if there were legit updates, but this no communication & waiting is for the birds
I agree; it's like you said it isn't like she is super busy getting orders out & honestly it would probably take 5 minutes or less to put something on the site. She wouldn't even have to email; just say, "I'm beginning to ship out some exotic species; Aussies are still on hold" or SOMETHING.

I'll be honest (and I don't know if I already mentioned this), I think she's lying. I think she is taking orders to AFFORD the Aussies and doesn't have enough yet. (illegal twelve ways to Sunday as the saying goes) The reason I think this is because Merv has had permission to export (this time around) since like 2012 so the hold up is NOT on the Australian end. As for here; customs and the department of agriculture do not have import regulations on crustaceans (I asked directly). It would be Fish & Wildlife if anyone and they generally have rules only for protected species which c. variabilis is not.
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:35 pm

SachOfSCP wrote:
I'll be honest (and I don't know if I already mentioned this), I think she's lying. I think she is taking orders to AFFORD the Aussies and doesn't have enough yet. (illegal twelve ways to Sunday as the saying goes)

I agree fully with this statement. I believe she gets enough funds, places an order, once they arrive a portion of "clients" have cancelled in which she just supplies the backorder.
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:11 am

SachOfSCP wrote: I agree; it's like you said it isn't like she is super busy getting orders out & honestly it would probably take 5 minutes or less to put something on the site. She wouldn't even have to email; just say, "I'm beginning to ship out some exotic species; Aussies are still on hold" or SOMETHING.

I'll be honest (and I don't know if I already mentioned this), I think she's lying. I think she is taking orders to AFFORD the Aussies and doesn't have enough yet. (illegal twelve ways to Sunday as the saying goes) The reason I think this is because Merv has had permission to export (this time around) since like 2012 so the hold up is NOT on the Australian end. As for here; customs and the department of agriculture do not have import regulations on crustaceans (I asked directly). It would be Fish & Wildlife if anyone and they generally have rules only for protected species which c. variabilis is not.
oh boy! I happened to email the division of fish and wildlife, because I was interested in possibly starting up my own business,( which probably isnt going to happen anyway bc I really want to move back to Arizona from NJ full time) and they said that they do not regulate exotic hermit crabs. So, I dont know what the heck is going on. oh my word! Like I said, I don't even MIND waiting, its just the no communication bit that bugs me. I can't even get in touch to add to my order! lol I keep picturing that lady Sweet Brown from the news saying "aint nobody got time for that!" bahaha

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:38 pm

wow I'm kinda speechless about the "Fish and Wildlife" info...I know she reads this forum but I gotta say it's not cool to not hear back about whats going on, the website has not been updated since she started taking pre orders..it is frustrating to not know whats going on or when they will come or even if she gets them/already got them?

Last time I got a reply she said she would "hope" they would ship by the beginning of June and I have not heard back from my last email. Could this go on until November/December again like last year? I mean last year I ordered in August and got the crabs I think November 20th or something?

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:40 pm

haha "Aint nobody got time for that" :hlol: