LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

CrabbyJ

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by CrabbyJ » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:21 am

Has anyone heard anything yet? Still confused about the crabs shipping next week, I still have heard nothing back so far :P

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:49 pm

I haven't heard anything yet. She did tell me they start to ship out on the 7th... I ordered 3 rugs. I will give it until Wednesday then I will begin to contact her again. I don't want her to continue to give out yet another postponed date.
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:52 pm

My guess is it will still be a while even if for no other reason than she started taking some of these orders 6 months ago.
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:36 am

I figured I would hear something since I ordered the beginning of March when I seen she was taking the pre orders, I even posted it here, I know she was not taking them any earlier then that

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:55 am

She did the pre-orders on some of the exotics in March but I know someone here said they ordered in January :(

mom23

LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by mom23 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:45 am

I've heard from her again, but nothing new to report from what I've read. Some orders should start going out this week. I ordered Aussies so I'm still waiting. Honestly with all of my kids home for summer break I don't even think about it. I do hope for Aussies, but if they don't work out I'll still be excited for blues, cavipes and straws. <3

Edit: I did hear that some Indonesian orders won't ship on the 7th if they are coming in her second Indonesian order. I believe it depends on what species and what size you ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:00 pm

SachOfSCP wrote:She did the pre-orders on some of the exotics in March but I know someone here said they ordered in January :(

When she emailed me in January she said she would be getting blues and everything else but not till March/April, I checked her site daily until I seen the pre orders and ordered same day. She may have sold the remaining crabs from the last order back from November through January but I know she ran out of most by then. I know all the crabs were sold out and she was not taking pre orders in January unless it was for Straws. I will update if I hear anything, I ordered 6pk Med Blues and have replacements coming of Med Straws, Violas, & Indo's.

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:16 pm

I'm still really on the fence about cancelling. (I ordered straws & Aussies in March) If I am not gonna get the Aussies, I may as well know instead of continuing to hold out hope and the principle of the whole thing makes me wanna cancel the whole order & not even bother with the straws either. Right now I have money spent with nothing to show for it & a set up 55 gallon tank with no crabs to go in it.

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:03 pm

UPDATE!!!! :cheer: I should be getting my crabs next week!!!! :cheer:

They have Blues & Viola's & Cavipes (Straws & Indo's come Wednesday)
The Small Cavipes are Teenie!
I did not order Aussies so no info on those
She should start shipping once she gets the next Indonesian order (That's a lot of work)
She will be emailing people about shipping soon

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:31 pm

woo hoo! Congrats and post pics!! :banana:

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:35 pm

I know this has been discussed earlier in the the thread, but I am wondering what you all plan on doing if your crabs come with mites? If they dont have mites, do you plan on putting them in ISO and if so how long? Just curious. I havent decided if I will order the predatory mites

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:45 pm

Kate87 wrote:I know this has been discussed earlier in the the thread, but I am wondering what you all plan on doing if your crabs come with mites? If they dont have mites, do you plan on putting them in ISO and if so how long? Just curious. I havent decided if I will order the predatory mites
(Assuming I don't decide to cancel)
Personally if my Aussies come with mites, I will be extremely angry as they don't have them in the wild & she told me the species are housed separately so there is no reason they should have mites. They also have their own tank waiting for them so if I have to order predatory mites, that's what I will do but at least they won't be putting anyone else at risk.

If my straws come with mites, I have an ISO set up (it would be too small for any length of time, but would work) to at least get an idea & try the baths first.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:16 pm

In my first order I had several crabs with mites (not crawling with them or anything). Since they all came together in one bag I figured they'd all been exposed anyway so I put them in the main tank after a good bath. I was going to order predatory mites, but nothing ever came of the mites. They were not the bad crab mites and they went away on their own. If this order has mites I will do the same thing. If they don't go away on their own I will order predatory mites. I think it's more stressful to iso them and do daily baths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:46 am

Hi ... We would like to ship your order tomorrow, Tuesday.. I apologize for the late notice.. We were going to ship Wednesday, but just received notification that we have another import from Indonesia coming in on Wednesday.. Please let me know if a THURSDAY DELIVERY works for you as this is a 2 day transit.

Thank you,
Customer Service
LiveHermitCrabs.com
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:44 am

my babies are coming tomorrow! woot woot!!!