LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

mom23

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by mom23 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:20 am

FloridaSun wrote:Hi ... We would like to ship your order tomorrow, Tuesday.. I apologize for the late notice.. We were going to ship Wednesday, but just received notification that we have another import from Indonesia coming in on Wednesday.. Please let me know if a THURSDAY DELIVERY works for you as this is a 2 day transit.

Thank you,
Customer Service
LiveHermitCrabs.com
Be prepared that they might come in one day. Both of mine said 2 day transit and arrived at my house is LESS than 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:22 am

mom23 wrote: Be prepared that they might come in one day. Both of mine said 2 day transit and arrived at my house is LESS than 24 hours.

Thank you for the heads up. They will be arriving at my work so I will bring a temp set up for them tomorrow.
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:23 am

Luckily I was home. Lol. Both times they showed up early.

It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:44 am

I got my shipping notice as well. My blues will be here tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:53 am

She still owes me a little over $60 from when I ordered items last July and she ran out of stock. I can't even get a simple email back to see if I can either get a refund or buy a blue.
This is a little ridiculous at this point.

Avery

Post by Avery » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:28 pm

"We would like to ship your order tomorrow, Tuesday.. I apologize for the late notice.. We were going to ship Wednesday, but just received notification that we have another import from Indonesia coming in on Wednesday.. Please let me know if a WEDNESDAY DELIVERY works for you. We have a few Medium straws in stock but the shipment Wednesday has all of our Small and Medium straws.. I cannot guarantee they will be on the smaller side of medium unless you wait until next week or the following week (depending on when the new shipment is ready to go). Please let me know.
Thank you,
Customer Service"

I opted for the wait. Waited this long, it doesn't matter. I figure that since I ordered small, I will not jump the gun for anything else than what I ordered. :)

I DO VERY MUCH appreciate that she offered me an option and now I can loosely base that schedule around everything else I have going on. See? Happy Customer :wink:
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken (Oscar Wilde)
Human mom to: Straws, PP's, Indos, Violas, E's, Goldfish, Julii Cory Cat's, dogs, cats & a teenager

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:13 pm

Avery wrote:"We would like to ship your order tomorrow, Tuesday.. I apologize for the late notice.. We were going to ship Wednesday, but just received notification that we have another import from Indonesia coming in on Wednesday.. Please let me know if a WEDNESDAY DELIVERY works for you. We have a few Medium straws in stock but the shipment Wednesday has all of our Small and Medium straws.. I cannot guarantee they will be on the smaller side of medium unless you wait until next week or the following week (depending on when the new shipment is ready to go). Please let me know.
Thank you,
Customer Service"

I opted for the wait. Waited this long, it doesn't matter. I figure that since I ordered small, I will not jump the gun for anything else than what I ordered. :)

I DO VERY MUCH appreciate that she offered me an option and now I can loosely base that schedule around everything else I have going on. See? Happy Customer :wink:

Her sizes are based solely on what she has in stock and not by industry standards, size charts or anything else so keep that in mind in terms of sizes (she told me this herself).
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Did everyone just order blues that got the shipping email? A couple people I know did and they are getting there's, I have to wait for the Wed order to get my straws and indo's still

Avery

Post by Avery » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:33 pm

SachOfSCP wrote:
Her sizes are based solely on what she has in stock and not by industry standards, size charts or anything else so keep that in mind in terms of sizes (she told me this herself).
LOL! I found that out when I ordered medium Indos a few years ago! They were NOT medium.. nor were they even just "large"! I think there was a wave of people getting REALLY big mediums that year; "Small Jumbos" would be a good descriptive, based on HCA size chart of my two girls when they first arrived :) That's why I will wait for my "small" straws. I agree though, it is a perception based scale based on current stock.

Is it not all a gamble? We can only be as specific as possible and hope for the best ;) Honestly, I'd be even happier to actually get some males! But. no.. they do not sex their crabs :( I think that might actually be a universal blessing on my part.
Human mom to: Straws, PP's, Indos, Violas, E's, Goldfish, Julii Cory Cat's, dogs, cats & a teenager

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:38 pm

SachOfSCP wrote: (Assuming I don't decide to cancel)
Personally if my Aussies come with mites, I will be extremely angry as they don't have them in the wild & she told me the species are housed separately so there is no reason they should have mites. They also have their own tank waiting for them so if I have to order predatory mites, that's what I will do but at least they won't be putting anyone else at risk.

If my straws come with mites, I have an ISO set up (it would be too small for any length of time, but would work) to at least get an idea & try the baths first.

I had some "bugs" on my crabs but they did not look like the "bad mites" I still got the H miles but they ended up all crawling out of my iso tank (With a glass lid and tapped even) and that was $60 blown, I never did the baths I heard that stresses them out to much anyway. I have not had any issues with mites since with the last order, I'm just tossing the new guys in a iso tank to adjust then popping them in the main tanks. I'm sure the crabs will have some "bugs" you can just do a few soaks to rid the crabs of those, I have not heard of anyone since last year having issues with the "bad mites" anyway, I was just freaked out by what others were posting about the "bad mites" and thought to get the h miles anyway, dumb idea and a waste of $$..lol Does anyone even know what the "Bad mites" even are? like what species? type of mite? LOL this cracks me up actually..lol

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:40 pm

I am anxiously waiting for my tracking number, did anyone get theirs yet?

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Avery wrote:"We would like to ship your order tomorrow, Tuesday.. I apologize for the late notice.. We were going to ship Wednesday, but just received notification that we have another import from Indonesia coming in on Wednesday.. Please let me know if a WEDNESDAY DELIVERY works for you. We have a few Medium straws in stock but the shipment Wednesday has all of our Small and Medium straws.. I cannot guarantee they will be on the smaller side of medium unless you wait until next week or the following week (depending on when the new shipment is ready to go). Please let me know.
Thank you,
Customer Service"

She told me she did not have the med or small straws yesterday?? I only needed 2?

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:43 pm

The smalls I got last year ranged from teenie tiny to medium smalls

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:46 pm

CrabbyJ wrote: She told me she did not have the med or small straws yesterday?? I only needed 2?
What size Indo's did you order? That could be why yours arent shipping right away. I think shes awaiting on smaller indo's too

Avery

Post by Avery » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Kate87 wrote: What size Indo's did you order? That could be why yours arent shipping right away. I think shes awaiting on smaller indo's too
I did not order Indo's this year- I was talking about a few years ago. I ordered Straws this year.