LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

SachOfSCP

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by SachOfSCP » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:18 am

MuseCrazy wrote:Has anyone ever been to her "establishment?" I'm in New York all the time especially in summer and I could easily drive up there and pick up the crabs my self. I sent her an email about this before she updated her site about the pre sales and never got a reply. I may drive up there anyways and have them shipped in state. I don't like the idea of them being 1 of 100 boxes who knows what could happen
Interestingly enough I have never heard of anyone going there or of her offering local pickup. If you go a'Googling you'll see her address shows up as what looks like a house in a cul-de-sac of a ritzy residential neighborhood & while there are other businesses associated with that address I can't find anything "official" even saying there IS a crab business there.
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:55 am

I got my delivery. I was in the shower so it was a little chaotic so no pics yet. They appear mite free. All look great except one blueberry with a piece of leg missing. They sent an extra blue

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 am

Whoo hooo; someone finally got crabs!!!

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:40 am

Congrats on your delivery!!!

Cant wait to see :D Take your time let them get comfy.
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.” ― Maya Angelou.

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:53 am

The mail has come and gone here - :( ... :roll:
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:58 am

FloridaSun wrote:The mail has come and gone here - :( ... :roll:
Even with the regular postal service they can make additional deliveries after your normal time so don't lose hope just yet :)

mom23

Post by mom23 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:38 am

Can't wait to see pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:04 pm

SachOfSCP wrote: Even with the regular postal service they can make additional deliveries after your normal time so don't lose hope just yet :)
Thanks for the heads up. I feel like such a kid - waiting for the door to open and getting disappointed when it's just a client :birthday: too funny.
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:37 pm

I live less than two hours away from her so that's probably why mine came so quick. Good luck lady :) it was super exciting unveiling them

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:45 pm

I cant wait to see everyone's pictures. Very exciting. Lets hope for healthy crabs, that bounce right back :D
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:47 pm

wodesorel wrote: I have to ask since you've been using the word "replacements" in a couple of posts now - how many did you loose from the previous order?
From my last order back in November 2013 I lost all my indos and 3 others and it was not because of me or anything I did...(Just FYI) I believe I posted about it on this thread in the past. I contacted her and she is working with me and replacing all I lost and including them with my 6pk of Blues I ordered in March.

I really only wanted blues last year and have been contacting her about them for a few years now, glad to be finally getting them, I won't be ordering anymore after this order as I have enough :D

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:02 pm

MuseCrazy wrote:Has anyone ever been to her "establishment?" I'm in New York all the time especially in summer and I could easily drive up there and pick up the crabs my self. I sent her an email about this before she updated her site about the pre sales and never got a reply. I may drive up there anyways and have them shipped in state. I don't like the idea of them being 1 of 100 boxes who knows what could happen

I believe it's all done out of a residence, she does not have a "location" that I am aware of, I know someone posted about this before but can't remember where I seen it.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:03 pm

I think it is a residence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

FloridaSun

Post by FloridaSun » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:07 pm

No delivery friends :crybaby:
4 PP, 4 Ruggies

crabbienewb

Post by crabbienewb » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:09 pm

FloridaSun wrote:No delivery friends :crybaby:
did you get a tracking nu mber?