Shell shops in Myrtle Beach?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
HermitCrabAddicted

Shell shops in Myrtle Beach?

Post by HermitCrabAddicted » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:54 pm

I will be going to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in a few weeks. I am hoping to stock up on shells while I am there, but was wondering if anyone knew of any good shell shops there? I've never looked around really for shells in the past there, but figured would be a perfect time since I am in need of some more. Thanks!
Happy mother to 4 PPs and 2 Straws, 2 Ferrets, 1 Hedgehog, , 1 frog, and 1 ball python

Life is not complete without a "few" critters!

reichnat000

Re: Shell shops in Myrtle Beach?

Post by reichnat000 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:12 pm

I visited a gift shop called "Shell World"

5710 S Kings Hwy
Myrtle Beach, SC 29575

They have a huggge variety of shells but the prices are a little high.
Good luck!

Topic author
HermitCrabAddicted

Post by HermitCrabAddicted » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:34 pm

Yea I heard of them, I may go look and see what they have. Thanks :) Hoping to find some other shell shops also.
Happy mother to 4 PPs and 2 Straws, 2 Ferrets, 1 Hedgehog, , 1 frog, and 1 ball python

hermitcrabdc

Post by hermitcrabdc » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:09 pm

I've been to Shell World twice. They do have a great selection and also have really nice pieces of cholla wood if you need any! This one is a good drive from Myrtle Beach, I think it took about 30 minutes when I went.
There's another place in Myrtle Beach, they have a pretty large selection. I got some nice sized turbos there. Their prices are a little higher than Shell World's but it is closer to Myrtle Beach. The only thing I don't remember is, which floor the shells are on. The store is 3 or 4 stories...
Here's their address,
910 North Ocean Boulevard
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
This is their website, http://www.gaydolphin.com/
Crabbing since July 2013!
4 PPs - Chloe, Tani, Kono, McGarrett

Topic author
HermitCrabAddicted

Post by HermitCrabAddicted » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:06 pm

Yea I was planning on going there. I have been to that place before, but never to look for shells. So will definitely have to go to both places. Thanks :)