Aussie Breeding 2024

This area is dedicated to the pioneers who have captive bred crabs, and for those who wish to learn more or attempt it themselves. Also for inquiring about the gender of your crabs.

Topic author
Renroc

Aussie Breeding 2024

Post by Renroc » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:49 am

Hi Folks, there are currently 8 people that I am aware of with zoea/mega or baby crabs on land in Australia at the moment.
I am the latest of them with a spawn on 2nd January. Roughly 320 zoea. They are now in my custom built kriesel and have had their first moult/shed so are at Zoea II stage.

Others are Darineen Burgess, Jodie Hebbard, Corina Headrick, Tiffany Boer and Kristie & Ellie Bertrand.

Not sure how many of them are in this forum but thought I would share anyway.
Crazy crab lady with 1 male raised in captivity who is now 7 yrs old (Dec 23) and a 2 females I've added from rehoming or adoptions to add to my breeding colony.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Aussie Breeding 2024

Post by wodesorel » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:16 am

That's so exciting!! Thank you for the update and good luck to all trying.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Renroc

Post by Renroc » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:18 pm

Day 5 (of 14or so for Aussies) and they are all still alive. Nitrite/Nitrates are both quite high when testing but Ammonia is zero. They don't seem to be bothered by the high readings. No deaths that I've noticed so far. Mega tonight or tomorrow I am expecting. :clap:
Crazy crab lady with 1 male raised in captivity who is now 7 yrs old (Dec 23) and a 2 females I've added from rehoming or adoptions to add to my breeding colony.

crabocado

Post by crabocado » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:22 pm

That's so exciting to hear your success so far! Post pictures if you get a chance.

Pixarina

Post by Pixarina » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:36 pm

Hello, I’m new here!
I’ve been able to get approx 100 to land so far. I’m hoping they continue to thrive. I’ve joined up to try and get more info in how to care for so many tiny babies. Thank you for accepting me!

Introducing the ‘Bobs’. Do you want to ... ZSFrNbwRc/

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:53 am

Pixarina wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:36 pm
Hello, I’m new here!
I’ve been able to get approx 100 to land so far. I’m hoping they continue to thrive. I’ve joined up to try and get more info in how to care for so many tiny babies. Thank you for accepting me!

Introducing the ‘Bobs’. Do you want to ... ZSFrNbwRc/
Hi Corina! The link doesn't work!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com