Sluggish crab not moving... what should I do?

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Neleono

Sluggish crab not moving... what should I do?

Post by Neleono » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:21 pm

Hi there,
Kinda a depressing question today, I have a crab who isn’t moving... ever. The humidity is an average or 75-80% and I maintain a heat of 80 Fahrenheit( I live in a very hot place so this is a normal temp ) and it has stayed at this average since I got him. I’ve got 6in deep sub 5-1 sand and ee ratio and he has fresh and salt water and all kinds of foods. This all happened about 3 days ago when I saw him just sitting on in the open area and thought nothing of it. I was gone for few hours and I came back into his room to look at him and he hadn’t moved. Once again I thought nothing of it because it was still day. I went to bed and the next day he hadn’t moved. I looked on my camera and had no footage of the night before. I thought it was strange but still didn’t pay it much attention. Same thing happened the next day, no movement in the day, none at night. Tonight I still haven’t had anything. Any idea of what’s going on? Anything I can do to get him to move again? Is there a solution or can all I do is cross my fingers he’ll improve. Something that might help is that I did see a few moths in the tank ever few days there would be one and this has been happening for the past week or so. I always let them out and ge t them out side but is this by chance causing it?

Thanks,
Neleono.

crabs_lex

Re: Sluggish crab not moving... what should I do?

Post by crabs_lex » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:35 pm

thats only happened to me twice and both times the crabs ended up dying but they were sick
and hes alive still right? like no bad fishy smell?
now im not saying hes doomed but maybe you should fill out one of the emergency forums so i have a general idea of your crabitat

Topic author
Neleono

Re: Sluggish crab not moving... what should I do?

Post by Neleono » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:45 am

Ok I’ll do an emergency forum post