Pools

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Maggie_65

Pools

Post by Maggie_65 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:08 pm

Hi I'm just wondering do I need to double up on pools, meaning do I put 1 bowl into the substrate and another on top?

I'm considering to get this pool shown in pics but not 100% sure. Would I need to double up on that pool in the pictures? Any suggestions would be appreciated :) ImageImage

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pools

Post by curlysister » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:01 pm

When people double up pools, they usually use the Zip Loc or Rubbermaid food containers, and jsut put one inside the other. Not sure if that would work with that pool or not.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Maggie_65

Post by Maggie_65 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:03 pm

curlysister wrote:When people double up pools, they usually use the Zip Loc or Rubbermaid food containers, and jsut put one inside the other. Not sure if that would work with that pool or not.
Is it needed to double up? I'm not sure if it's needed. If so why?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:42 am

The reason some people double up their pools is so that when they take one out for cleaning, the second one remains pressed into the sand. If there are crabs molting under the pool, this way they are not disturbed. Also if the top pool leaks, the bottom one will catch the water and avoid a flood. Not everyone doubles up their pools.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers