Where can I get Straws and Es?

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
ItsMixed

Where can I get Straws and Es?

Post by ItsMixed » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:48 pm

Hi guys I am looking into getting some different species of hermits. I currently have four PPS in my 20-gal tank and am situated in Alaska. What are some trustworthy sites I can order from to get Es and Straws? Are there any local places I could get them?
Proud owner of 4 PPs:
Mantis
Longclaw
Gary
Sheldon

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Where can I get Straws and Es?

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:02 am

Wouldn't recommend buying if you can avoid it. Partially to reduce pressures of wild capture of crabs, but also cause online stores that sell exotics (blues, straws ect) come with a bad rep and likely to give you the wrong species at the best case scenario, dead crabs or run away with your money at the worse.
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
ItsMixed

Post by ItsMixed » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:41 pm

Thanks for the reply! I will be wary of buying exotics.
Proud owner of 4 PPs:
Mantis
Longclaw
Gary
Sheldon

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:12 am

I understand how intoxicating the idea of exotics can be, but there hasn't been a decent source in the US for almost 15 years. Even then, the stores that deal in live exotic pets care less about their lives or being ethical, and it ends up being all about the money they make selling them.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram