Upside Down Climbing! Maybe Dangerous Fall!

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
ChonkyCrabsLover

Upside Down Climbing! Maybe Dangerous Fall!

Post by ChonkyCrabsLover » Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:05 am

Hello! I have recently installed a 2nd level to my tank. I realized that with more height, the closer my PPs are to the mesh lid. I have had a crab trying to climb upside down before in a smaller tank and I took out his way up there soon after. I recently remodeled the tank and now, a different crab is doing the same thing with his new second level. After seeing it, I flipped the lid over and put it on the ground and carefully put him back in the tank. I lowered the second level down an inch so he couldn’t get up there anymore. Now, he is trying to get up there again and is failing. He looks like he really wants to get up there and is sad he can’t. I am worried it isn’t safe because he doesn’t know how to get back down from being upside down. Every time, I have to get him down. There is a cholla wood ladder to get back in the substrate, but he sometimes just falls down. It is about a 5in fall. He sometimes doesn’t go down the ladder. Is that fall safe? Should I raise it and see if he can get back down from being upside down by himself? I don’t know what to do! Thank you!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Upside Down Climbing! Maybe Dangerous Fall!

Post by curlysister » Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:19 pm

If they get up, they can get down.
A 5 inch fall is not dangerous at all.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
ChonkyCrabsLover

Re: Upside Down Climbing! Maybe Dangerous Fall!

Post by ChonkyCrabsLover » Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:13 am

Ok! I was just worried that his shell might break. They are in pretty thick shells. Thank you!