New crab safety precautions

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Neleono

New crab safety precautions

Post by Neleono » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:21 pm

Hey there!
I just got 2 new hermit crabs today :banana: Is there any thing i need to do in order to clean them/protect them from anything they might have? I picked both of them up and they seem to be fine from the naked eye. Both crabs are very active (running around, climbing, etc.) Also, side question. I just bought cuddle bone for them, it seems big for them. Its about 4 in by 2 in. Do i slice it up? are there any other things i need to do to it? Thanks,
Nele.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New crab safety precautions

Post by curlysister » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:38 pm

I just put the cuttle bone in whole, i stick it in the sub like a surf board. They will break off pieces and eat it. Some people do crush it up.

Most people just add new crabs in, as long as they look healthy. If you give everyone a quick dip in the fresh water, they will all smell the same (both the new crabs and the crabs already in the tank).
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Neleono

Re: New crab safety precautions

Post by Neleono » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Thanks!